• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jumped the Gun

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AR

A friend was losing their land because of back taxes. We went down paid all the taxes got a quitclaim deed from ex that was on deed and filed it. Then did a warranty deed from them to me. However we forgot to do a title search. and we are going to do a seller carriers the mortgage. We did this ourselves I am wondering if we can get introuble for filing the warranty but we havn't filed the agreement between us on the land. And now we are going to do a title seach. There has been no money change hands and I have the receipts for paying the taxes. We just want to make sure no one can get into legal trouble if we filed this backwards...

tranquility

A warranty deed asserts aspects of ownership and the person who transfers under such a deed warrants certain things to be true. If they are not, the person does not get in "trouble" so much as have a legal liability if there is a problem with title.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AR

A friend was losing their land because of back taxes. We went down paid all the taxes got a quitclaim deed from ex that was on deed and filed it. Then did a warranty deed from them to me. However we forgot to do a title search. and we are going to do a seller carriers the mortgage. We did this ourselves I am wondering if we can get introuble for filing the warranty but we havn't filed the agreement between us on the land. And now we are going to do a title seach. There has been no money change hands and I have the receipts for paying the taxes. We just want to make sure no one can get into legal trouble if we filed this backwards...
**A: the title is already messed up with the warranty deed transaction.
Have an attorney help you before things get really messed up. The legal description on the title report needs to be on the deed and also noted in the land contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">