• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just a thanks for the advice re: making the "other woman" comfortable....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

usmcfamily

No legal question here -- I just wanted to take a minute to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who responded to my post last month regarding how to make my ex's g/f comfortable in our (my DH's and I's) home when they came to visit our (the ex's and I's) daughter. They arrived on the 4th and so far things have been wonderful..........I don't know that their relationship will last (long story short they have both confided in me things that make it clear things are on the rocks BIG TIME) but if they do I know that she and I have gotten things off on the right foot!!! Reading some of the posts here lately about the ex's and new b/f's, g/f's, wives and hubbys I am feeling VERY blessed that we have been able to make things work so wonderfully for Katy's sake!! :)
The only hurdle we are negotiating now is that her father is considering my daughter's request to have her name changed --she would like to have the surname of my husband (her step-father) so that she can be "like her family".......she KNOWS that her bio-dad is her dad too but she has never carried his name (he was completely uninvovled in the early months of her life - by his choice so she carries my maiden name) and now that I have married and her "daddy" (my DH) and myself and her baby brother all have one name and her another she wants to have hers changed too.......we have allowed her to list our name on non-legal things but she has told her dad (the bio) that she wants to have the 'same name' as us.......so that has been a minor issue this weekend but he is thinking about it.......
Anyway....just wanted to say THANKS guys for the great advice, input and support that helped make this visit such a success!!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Good for you.

And while I can't say that I would ever want my ex and his (almost) wife to visit with us, I am trying to make it clear to her that I am trying to make things as comfortable as possible. From past experience, I know my ex would have a real problem if I communicated directly with her for any reason. But when the kids are home next week, I'm planning on taking them out to get a small gift for her for the wedding. I've also let my kids *and* my ex know that I wish S & J nothing but best together. We'll see.

Kudos to all of you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">