• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just Asking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yes

I changed all of my information. I am just really upset that someone can take your card and steal. I hope that they do something about it. It is just not right.

Antigone*

I changed all of my information. I am just really upset that someone can take your card and steal. I hope that they do something about it. It is just not right.
You can still pursue civil and criminal penalties. I hate so say it but you bear the blame for not getting your money back.

First of all, you gave this valuable information to someone you were not married to. Second of all, the bank denied your claim because you did not notify them in a timely manner. Had you not given out this information this would all be moot. Had you filed your fraud claim within two statement periods you would have been reimbursed. In more than one way you have failed yourself.

I Know

I absolutley agree with you. Yes, it was my fault that he had the numbers. And yes, I should have changed all of it before he was able to take the money. My own ignorance allowed it to happen.

I take the blame that I have lost this money.

But, it still does not make it right that he did this. It still was not his money.

I just want it back, and it sounds like, short of me filing criminal charges, I will never see it.

So, I will take the advise given to me on here and go file the charges. Bottom line, he took money that was not his.

I am in the position because, I did not do what I should have. However, taking someone's money that does not belong to you is theft.

Thank you all again.

Antigone*

I absolutley agree with you. Yes, it was my fault that he had the numbers. And yes, I should have changed all of it before he was able to take the money. My own ignorance allowed it to happen.

I take the blame that I have lost this money.

But, it still does not make it right that he did this. It still was not his money.

I just want it back, and it sounds like, short of me filing criminal charges, I will never see it.

So, I will take the advise given to me on here and go file the charges. Bottom line, he took money that was not his.

I am in the position because, I did not do what I should have. However, taking someone's money that does not belong to you is theft.

Thank you all again.
You are so right it is a very sad state of afairs we find ourselves in. Believe me, in my line of business I see this quite often.

I hope he does get what he deserves.

Please learn from this - you are your own best defender and protector.

Ronald Regan said something I've made part of my daily life. He said, "Trust, but verify."

Now I'll get off my soap box. Best of luck to you.

Thank you

I will take what you say and say it to myself everyday. It makes sense.

I do not know what kind of business that you have, but if you see this everyday, what is being done about it? I mean what do the criminal charges get you, if it does not get you your money back?

I do not know if they arrest these people. But, If I had criminal charges filed againist me, I would want to make sure the other person got their money back.

Antigone*

I will take what you say and say it to myself everyday. It makes sense.

I do not know what kind of business that you have, but if you see this everyday, what is being done about it? I mean what do the criminal charges get you, if it does not get you your money back?

I do not know if they arrest these people. But, If I had criminal charges filed againist me, I would want to make sure the other person got their money back.
Unknown,

I am a commercial banker. When my clients get defrauded often times it is in the thousands of dollars. The good thing is that when my clients follow their depository agreements, we reimburse them, every penny. When they don't, they are in the same position you find yourself in.

I've helped to reimbuse thousands, and unfortunately I've even had to work a client through a multimillion dollar loss because they allowed the perpetrator access to their money for over 15 years without verifying a darn thing.

Wow

Oh my God.

What a sad place that we all live in. I am sure that you have seen it all then.

Mine was not thousands of dollars. But, it was alot to me. My stupidity lost me my own money.

But do you know what will happen after I file criminal charges? I mean what do they do? Are they looking for a theft conviction?

I can ask them to make it restitution as you said. But are the courts going to be more interested in the theft.

If they do not make it part of a restitution, then for sure, I will never see the money again.

Filing civil, gives me a judgement**************.one I will not be able to collect on.

I do not know enough about laws, but if I do not file anything, I may never have a chance

Update

I took all of my proof to the police and asked to file criminal charges. They told me that because the amount of the theft was over $500.00, that as a citizen, I could not file the charges. They said it was a class 3 felony with the dollar amount. They additinally told be that the money was taken by electronic means, which instantly upgrades it from just theft to more charges, and a class 2 felony.

They took all the information and said they would turn it over to the detectives for investigation.

The detective would then have to be the one who filed the charges.

He stated that it appeared there was good evidence, however, because I allowed the use of it in the past. The detective may question me.

He said the good thing is, is that it was taken after I moved out.

I just have to wait now.

Hisbabygirl77

I took all of my proof to the police and asked to file criminal charges. They told me that because the amount of the theft was over $500.00, that as a citizen, I could not file the charges. They said it was a class 3 felony with the dollar amount. They additinally told be that the money was taken by electronic means, which instantly upgrades it from just theft to more charges, and a class 2 felony.

They took all the information and said they would turn it over to the detectives for investigation.

The detective would then have to be the one who filed the charges.

He stated that it appeared there was good evidence, however, because I allowed the use of it in the past. The detective may question me.

He said the good thing is, is that it was taken after I moved out.

I just have to wait now.
Just wanted to wish you good luck and I hope you are able to recover some of your loss.

Thanks

Awwwwwww......you are so nice!!!

It was my ignorance that did this.

I take responsibility for that.

I just find it so hard to believe that after talking with the police, people get away with this.

He did say, with the proof I had, I can prove that there was no permission to use my card.

But any good defense attorney will find a way to get him out of trouble.

In any event, I have to take what information was given to me here and try.

If I lose, I lose**************......so be it.

But, I do have to try.

I am not a rich person by any means and I also would Never, ever, take something that did not belong to me.

Apparently all people do not think like me.

I just want my money back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">