• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just want to clarify??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isiah

What is the name of your state?Good 'ole rainy today in MN

When my husband went to court a about a month ago..Custody

His ex wife tried to turn in a response motion. She was not able to because she couldn't pay the filing fee. She tried to get it waived,but was denied. The judge gave her 14 days from the time at court to try to prove she couldn't pay for it or come up with the funds to file it.

well...14 days has come and went..and went ..and went.

Now..now that the fourteen days is up, can she file it any longer???What happens if she gets a attorney,can she file it then?

What advantages do we have(as far as her not filing it)?

Before the court date my husband did have the motion served on him. The ex did that part of the process but didn't have the other part covered(as stated above)

Thank you in advance for any advice..I love this website!!

p/s..does any one know if you can paint over wicker furniture??If you can, what type of paint would you use??Sorry. I am thinking of my next project(HEEHEE)!!

Last edited:

Zephyr

Now..now that the fourteen days is up, can she file it any longer???What happens if she gets a attorney,can she file it then?

I think if she missed the filing date, then she missed the filing date and it's tough cookies for her. Prior to the filing date she could have requested a continuance but I think she has lost even that option now.

Isiah

oh..

she has been VERY wishy-washy about the whole thing.
She went to the extreme and called the evaluator and told her she wasn't going to show up for the aptt.,nor was she going to fill out the paper work she was sent. She told the lady that she wanted to turn over her rights. She the called back the next day and toldher she wanted to fight it and she was going to show up.(She never spoke withe evaluator directly,she just left her messages). My husband was told this from the evaluator.WE are uncertain at this point whether she showed up or what the case may be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">