• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

jwentz01, why did you close your thread?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I'm wondering myself. I was primed with both barrels :D


Senior Member
I Understand They Still Use The Electric Chair In Florida

Junior Member

Registered: Jan 2004
Posts: 1

Drunken Statement and Non-working Public Defender
What is the name of your state? Florida

My brother has been charged with 1st degree murder. He did shoot someone and they did die, however this was after repeated threats by the victim with a 9mm pistol and 2 half gallons of liquor.

They took his statement that night and from it you can tell how beligerent he was. He said many vulgar and incriminating things like "I popped a cap in the MF" and used the F word many times.
This is the only eveidence the state has against him.
My brother wants justifiable homicide for this incident and his Public Defender is doing nothing to help him. The PD actually said he 'will' get convicted.

What can I do? We cannot afford to hire a lawyer.


My response:

Since you can't afford an attorney, the only thing you can do is go to law school. By the time you graduate, you may be in time to help on his Death Sentence Appeal.



Damn, and all I was going to tell him is Tell your brother to "Shut the F*** UP!"


You could be a good sibling to him.

Give him plenty of vaseline and something to bite down on.

Being drunk and using the F word is not an issue the local PD cared about and is CERTAINLY not the ONLY evidince the DA has against your bro.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential