• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kids 18, dropped out of high school, do I still pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dianagsars

Wisconsin
My step son turned 18 in Dec. 2012 and promptly dropped out of school. He is now taking a computer class at a community college and says it is counting towards a GED. If he's 18, not living with his mother (he lives with his grandparents) and only taking 2 credit hours should we still be paying? Could we be stuck paying until he turns 19 if he keeps taking 1 class at a time?
Thanks for your help!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Wisconsin
My step son turned 18 in Dec. 2012 and promptly dropped out of school. He is now taking a computer class at a community college and says it is counting towards a GED. If he's 18, not living with his mother (he lives with his grandparents) and only taking 2 credit hours should we still be paying? Could we be stuck paying until he turns 19 if he keeps taking 1 class at a time?
Thanks for your help!
No worries at all for you. You don't have to pay a dime!

CSO286

Wisconsin
Thanks for your help!
Nothing for you to worry about.

Have an awesome day.

sandyclaus

Wisconsin
Thanks for your help!
No worries at all for you. You don't have to pay a dime!
Nothing for you to worry about.

Have an awesome day.
Hahahahahaha. I see where you went with that ;)

HomeGuru

Wisconsin
Thanks for your help!
**A: is there any court order for you to pay anything for this guy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">