• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kids are back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state?Tx

Just fyi...After 26 hours on the road and many a headache, my kids are back.
The police stood by after reading the documents I had (base police as I met them at the visitors center).
My ex didnt say a word to me and the kids were relieved and more than happy to be going home. We're all home now and this is where they'll stay.
Have a Florida lawyer who is modifying the agreement as we speak to make absolutly sure that this kind of nonsense doesn't happen again.
As for my eldest son, my ex made sure I didn't get to see him, he sent him off to visit his grandmother (my ex's mom) while it was my visitation time. :(

rmet4nzkx

whatthistime said:

The police stood by after reading the documents I had (base police as I met them at the visitors center).
My ex didnt say a word to me and the kids were relieved and more than happy to be going home. We're all home now and this is where they'll stay.
Have a Florida lawyer who is modifying the agreement as we speak to make absolutly sure that this kind of nonsense doesn't happen again.
As for my eldest son, my ex made sure I didn't get to see him, he sent him off to visit his grandmother (my ex's mom) while it was my visitation time. :(
So you have picked up your children for your visitaiton as the NCP after providing transportation as was your responsibility. Now you have retained a FL attorney to modify your custody and visitation. If they were in order, you would not have needed to do this. You locked the previous thread after you lied to us because you didn't like the advice based upon the facts, so don't gloat too fast or think that you have won, because the battle has just begun.

rmet4nzkx said:
So you have picked up your children for your visitaiton as the NCP after providing transportation as was your responsibility. Now you have retained a FL attorney to modify your custody and visitation. If they were in order, you would not have needed to do this. You locked the previous thread after you lied to us because you didn't like the advice based upon the facts, so don't gloat too fast or think that you have won, because the battle has just begun.

You dork...I didn't lock the thread..I was driving to New Mexico.
Secondly, the only reason I have an attorney is to make SURE that this type of thing never happens again and the wording is clear with no possibility of misinterpretion.
BTW, the transportion was not my responsibility. It was his. If it was my responsibilty, why is it every other year, after I stopped working for the airline, he paid for it. What makes you think that, after he got the kids there, his own way ie..his parents..that getting them back was my problem?
I don't lie...ever.
Seems like you don't have answers so you lash out.

casa

whatthistime said:

Exactly my experience re; military police- they need only see court documents.

A lawyer will surely work this out so that neither of you are confused again. The clearer the language in the order- the less chance of any future mishap or battle.

rmet4nzkx

whatthistime said:
You dork...I didn't lock the thread..I was driving to New Mexico.
Secondly, the only reason I have an attorney is to make SURE that this type of thing never happens again and the wording is clear with no possibility of misinterpretion.
BTW, the transportion was not my responsibility. It was his. If it was my responsibilty, why is it every other year, after I stopped working for the airline, he paid for it. What makes you think that, after he got the kids there, his own way ie..his parents..that getting them back was my problem?
I don't lie...ever.
Seems like you don't have answers so you lash out.
You are wrong, there was nothing about transportation, it doesn't matter what happened before. You are still NCP and you will still have to have an attorney file for modifications, there is no guarentee of the outcome. What happened is your own fault, including your custody status. Excuses, excuses, excuses. You don't get you way everytime you wnat it. :rolleyes:

LdiJ

rmet4nzkx said:
You are wrong, there was nothing about transportation, it doesn't matter what happened before. You are still NCP and you will still have to have an attorney file for modifications, there is no guarentee of the outcome. What happened is your own fault, including your custody status. Excuses, excuses, excuses. You don't get you way everytime you wnat it. :rolleyes:
Rmet...that one really wasn't fair. They have had a pattern for several years...and dad suddenly disrupted that pattern without any warning....and from the overall picture really didn't want to return the children at all...otherwise why would the MPs have even been involved?

She may end up in the end being responsible for the children's return transportation in the future. It may even be fair for her to do so... However that really doesn't excuse dad's behavior. It was tacky in the least to spring that on her without any real warning.

rmet4nzkx

LdiJ said:
Rmet...that one really wasn't fair. They have had a pattern for several years...and dad suddenly disrupted that pattern without any warning....and from the overall picture really didn't want to return the children at all...otherwise why would the MPs have even been involved?

She may end up in the end being responsible for the children's return transportation in the future. It may even be fair for her to do so... However that really doesn't excuse dad's behavior. It was tacky in the least to spring that on her without any real warning.
It's not a matter of being tacky, it is a matter of the law, the order, who is NCP, jurisdiction, and the fact that she failed to base her travel plans on communication with her X instead, she made assumptions. He didn't say she couldn't have him, he said she had to provide transportation, she made her own problem. Those are the facts and that is what the court will consider.

rmet4nzkx said:
It's not a matter of being tacky, it is a matter of the law, the order, who is NCP, jurisdiction, and the fact that she failed to base her travel plans on communication with her X instead, she made assumptions. He didn't say she couldn't have him, he said she had to provide transportation, she made her own problem. Those are the facts and that is what the court will consider.

I really hope you aren't a lawyer. Where do you get the idea I did not communicate with my ex. I am the queen of communication. And yes, my ex did say I couldn't have him. He said it over and over and threatened to put my son into "Protective Custody" which, according to NM Child Protective is a laugh.
You don't read things through and fail to understand the facts as presented.
Upon consulting with THREE different attorneys they all say the same thing.
Based on the written agreement between my ex and I, relinquishing the custody in accord with the original agreement, I have and will retain legal custody of my children. I AM the Cp, not the NCP.
The transportion issues WERE already in place. HE changed them due to the children's not wanting to go to Virginia which he planned without consulting me. So, instead of consulting me, he did what he did.
Now, lets make sure that if you ARE an attorney, you do whatever it is that you need to do to make sure that you stay current on laws and the interpretation of such. If you are NOT an attorney, perhaps you should read up a bit more.
I came here for advice on a situation, not to be told by you what you want to interpret as "Fair" to dad or "tacky".
The facts are as I presented them. I am the CP and will remain so.
I'm done. Thanks for all who pointed me in the right direction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">