• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ladynred/ bank draining account?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ojela

What is the name of your state? Ca.

Ladynred,

May I ask you a question regarding your recent response to KatesMom.....her subject was something like 'Ladynred'.

On the heals of what you said about the bank not being hesitant about draining her account, I'd like to learn more.

Our lawyer was either going to file our Chapter 13 yesterday (Fri) or this Monday (day after tomorrow).

Three of our debts are with our bank (credit union). Two of them are car loans. The other is a credit card with a balance of about $5,000. We have about $2,300 sitting in that bank (credit union).

Can they take this with no questions asked?

Thank you for you input.

Ojela

nailtech

They can with a chapter 7, not sure about a 13, but I dont see why they cant, and why one would want to take that chance unless you can afford to lose the money... my opinion is get the money out and put it into a bank that you do not owe before the trustee sends them the paper work,.. or you're going to be ass out of about 2300.00.... move it ASAP...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">