• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lana Help: Time to enter after stamping visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? DC

I got my H1-B visa recently. However, due to personal reasons, i do not wish to leave my country for another 2 months. Is there some time limit before which i need to enter US? If so what is it? Is it ok if i enter after 2 months?


Senior Member
Yes, as long as the visa is valid you can enter the US provided the employer does not require your services sooner.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential