• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

land contract forfeiture

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GraystoneManor

day of court

the judge gave them 90 days to catch up payments and get insurance. ournext court date is march 27,

Last edited:

HRZ

Anticipate you will be back in a tight spot before then and they will NOT have paid you and not have insurance in place ..what does contract say about insurance and loss payee --it should be darn hard to get decent insurance coverage for an unsafe building not being used for a lawful purpose wo lying all over the place.

In a topys turvy pro residential world you can be called upon to make the place safe and habitable for these abusers.

Court date for what in March ...whatever it is you better be well prepared!

If you have any contacts in Town Hall--you might sort out if the town takes a serious view about unlawful habitation of commercial buildings ( Knife could cut both ways --ask carefully )

GraystoneManor

Anticipate you will be back in a tight spot before then and they will NOT have paid you and not have insurance in place ..what does contract say about insurance and loss payee --it should be darn hard to get decent insurance coverage for an unsafe building not being used for a lawful purpose wo lying all over the place.

In a topys turvy pro residential world you can be called upon to make the place safe and habitable for these abusers.

Court date for what in March ...whatever it is you better be well prepared!

If you have any contacts in Town Hall--you might sort out if the town takes a serious view about unlawful habitation of commercial buildings ( Knife could cut both ways --ask carefully )
The jusge said they had until March 27th, 2018 to get insurance and catch up payment or I will get building back.

HRZ

I very strongly suggest you take counsel to any such closing...and I have very limited confidence in your ability to walk out with a good /certified check for the entire loan amount ...and I'm unsure you have the skills to present a deed on your own behalf.. I'm not up on detail in your area...but an unwary seller walking into closing around me could walk out with far less than the amount supposedly due .....it seems strange that a buyer who could pay the basics and needed legal aid all of sudden can pay off the loan in full....does not add up..

GraystoneManor

No the buyer will not record the deed had me re write quit claim deed to his daughter. What can I do the moved in 9 kids and are running a store out of my building How can I evict them

HRZ

You can give me and 20 of my friends each a quit claim deed for the property but that doesn't give any of us a real interest in a property you don't own ....and it's unlikely you can evict tenants who are in a building you don't own.

This and your other posts suggest you are being scammed by some serious deadbeats ...and you are going to be stuck holding a very expense box of toxic trash.

I simply don't know if a grantor can record a deed in MI but I'd sure find out.

IF the buyer paid in full what's your beef?

justalayman

Why did you write a deed to the daughter?

Did you retain a copy of the deed? If so, contact the county register of deeds and ask if they will record a copy of the deed. If not, there is very little you can do

Regarding the taxes: go to your assessors office, copy of deed in hand, and inform them if the transfer of title. Of course in Michigan you aren’t sued for delinquent taxes but the state takes title to the property and sells it at auction. Since you have your money for the property, it doesn’t affect you.

Your only real concern I see is the possibility of getting wrapped up in a suit if somebody has issue with the owners of the property. You would have to defend yourself in such a case. It would generslly require little more than proving you are no longer the owner of the property to be excused from such a suit

justalayman

No the buyer will not record the deed had me re write quit claim deed to his daughter. What can I do the moved in 9 kids and are running a store out of my building How can I evict them
It isn’t your building and you can’t evict them. The moment you handed that deed to the grantee it was no longer your property. Time to walk away and defend yourself if you improperly get wrapped up in a suit

GraystoneManor

You can give me and 20 of my friends each a quit claim deed for the property but that doesn't give any of us a real interest in a property you don't own ....and it's unlikely you can evict tenants who are in a building you don't own.

This and your other posts suggest you are being scammed by some serious deadbeats ...and you are going to be stuck holding a very expense box of toxic trash.

I simply don't know if a grantor can record a deed in MI but I'd sure find out.

IF the buyer paid in full what's your beef?
If someone gets hurt I would be on the hook. They don't have insurance. They get $2,000 a month in foostamps claim they don't own anything. 2 kids get disability all children are home schooled. Also have a goat tied up . Possibly growing marijuana

justalayman

If someone gets hurt I would be on the hook. They don't have insurance. They get $2,000 a month in foostamps claim they don't own anything. 2 kids get disability all children are home schooled. Also have a goat tied up . Possibly growing marijuana
No you wouldn’t. You sold the property. It’s not yours to control or be concerned about

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">