• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Land Immunity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juditharl

California:

Me and my friend got into a hiking incident at Switzer Falls Pasadena. We both fell 50 feet and fortunately did not have critical injuries but did suffer fractures in multiple places. The trail winds and you are unable to see that it leads to the end of the waterfall until you start slipping and slide to the edge.We tried to file a personal injury claim however the land has immunity. We found at lest 15 cases or more of people falling even one death following the same trail falling the same exact way. We even were following a couple and they got held up so they did not suffer the same fate. I understand I cannot file as injury however, they are putting people in danger when it can be fixed by just a sign warning hikers of the hazard. Say I cannot make a claim of the government ignoring the endangerment of people's safety, a simple sign will suffice and will like advice on what I should do or how to make a change.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
California:
Say I cannot make a claim of the government ignoring the endangerment of people's safety, a simple sign will suffice and will like advice on what I should do or how to make a change.
I assume that you were on a trail in the Angeles National Forest. If so, then the government agency responsible for that trail is the Forest Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). You may contact the Forest Service with your suggestion to provide a sign or otherwise address the hazard you saw. The contact information for the Forest Service is here: https://www.fs.fed.us/about-agency/contact-us

You may also contact your members of Congress as well (house representative or senator).

Note that depending on exactly where this is, what the Forest Service may do might be limited. Wilderness areas, for example, by law are supposed to remain untouched by any development, so signs, etc., would be a problem there. Any time you enter a natural area like a national forest you take risk that you may encounter hazards and get injured. Given the requirements for these areas there is only so much the Forest Service and USDA can do, so it is up to those visiting these places to take utmost care while there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">