• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord blocking use of mailing address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

What is the name of your state? NM
... their new lease states that they can only receive mail for those listed on the lease. Is this an enforceable term of a lease? ...
In other words, I think it is pretty clear that any landlord with a lease term that says a tenant can only receive mail for those listed on the lease will have an impossible time enforcing it. :)

Bali Hai Again

Get this one...I was doing an identity test with the local taxing authority. They asked me if I had ever lived at x address with x person. The address was my ex's mistress's house and the person was her. I failed the identity test because they wanted the answer to be yes, and I said no.:eek:
Fear not. Artificial Intelligence will solve our problems!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My brother-in-law passed away 3 or 4 years ago now and hasn't actually lived in this house for 30 years, yet we still get mail (very occasionally) for him.
My german shepherd who died two years ago still gets credit card applications and notices about financial aid for college. Her name was Abby and the mail comes addressed to Abigail <my last name>. Apparently she is brilliant and has great credit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">