• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord breaking agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

larrys_95928

Im sorry let me reiterate on this. I live in Ca. Me and my wife rented a two story res/comm zoned building. The building sold and our new landlords had us sign a new agreement that said we could only use the second story. After a few months the landlords and my wife and I came to a verbal agreement that we could rent the entire building for $550.00 and that $70.00 a month would be taken off for two years if i supplied the labor to put on a new roof with them suppling the material. After one year they say that they want the main floor and said that we need to vacate it. They have never bought the material for me to apply the new roof and they came over with a month to month contract that was signed by someone other than my wife and I, it was signed with our names but they are certianly not our signatures. On this contract there is the figure of $550.00 and it was scribbled over and $650.00 was wrote on top. My wife and I had never seen this contract before let alone signed. Since then they have tried to get us to sign a new contract that states we can only have the top floor and the basement for $550. We have sank close to $5000.00 in this building in improvements so we could feel comfortable. Do we have a leg to stand on? or is this a lost cause?

D

djdj

Larry you are a wonderful stooge...umm tenant

willing to put your hard earned money into my building, gee i dint know you were so rich...thank you.

and vebally too, i want more stooges ummm tenants like you every day, i can get my place fixed for free then kick you out.... oh its great to find such rich people.

Do you get the message here? without a lease and everything in writing you will have a very very hard time proving the landlord is lying.

oh and of course you do not have acopy of the $550 a month lease....larry larry larry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">