• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LANDLORD ENTERING PROPERTY AT WILL?? ( let me know if you cant see my post please, as it shows i posted if clicked on)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zddoodah

OK...I'll amend what I previously wrote.

Once you understand what the law says, you should have a frank discussion with your landlord. If you can't convince your landlord to change his behavior, move when your lease is up (which appears to be the case). If you can't get him to change his behavior and don't want to move, then your choices are to live with it or hire an attorney and take legal action. Legal action will be expensive and may worsen your relationship with your landlord.

FarmerJ

have you looked into your states landlord tenant laws to see if they have defined retaliation in the law pertaining to landlord and tenant relations ?

LdiJ

You have gotten all kinds of good advice that would be relevant if your lease wasn't about to expire. Your landlord can give you 30 days notice to move out on a whim after your lease expires. He doesn't need a legal reason.

quincy

You have gotten all kinds of good advice that would be relevant if your lease wasn't about to expire. Your landlord can give you 30 days notice to move out on a whim after your lease expires. He doesn't need a legal reason.
A landlord always needs a legal reason.

reenzz

Do you rent a room or the entire house? if you only rent a room, landlord can enter the common areas at will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">