• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord has not resolved roach problem since move in 5mo. ago.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mszedwards

What is the name of your state?Florida
My husband and my now 8mo old son and I moved into our current apartment 5 months ago. We got roaches within 2 days of moving in. The problem has been reported to the landlords at least once a month since then. They send out pest control that does not work what-so-ever. The roaches were caused by our dirty and disgusting neighbors. The pest control person was here about 3 days ago and told us that since they moved out about 4 days ago, that there is also Staph Infection in that apartment which is contagious. As it is a well know fact that roaches carry MANY diseases, and I have found numerous roaches in my sons room as well as in his crib while he was sleeping, what can I do to get out of my lease on the grounds that the landlord's are not taking care of the problem after monthly reports about roaches. Living in florida is not an excuse to have roaches.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">