• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord letter of 1/26/01

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SundriedLizard

My lease expired 12/31/00. Today I received a letter from the property manager stating that the owners want to assume possession of the property 3/01/01/ and that I must vacate by 2/28/01. I was under the impression that when they accepted my January rent payment the lease automatically renewed. No offer to renew or move was made by the landlord in November, which would in effect have given me 30 days notice due to the 12/31 expiration date. I don't want to move. When I signed the lease last January, I stated that I would be a long term tenant, and I never would have accepted this place if I had known that I would have to move a year later. I am handicapped and this comes as a major blow. What rights do I have, if any? Thank you, and please respond soon.

D

djdj

NO you assssume you know the law well have you ever read any? Nah too busy playing dungeons and dragons

The landlord is totally correct....once a lease ends you become a month to month tenant UNLESS it was stated in your lease that a renewal is automatic...

Well I guess being handicapped you have a lot of time on your hands and you did not research or ask any questions before the lease ended......Let alone read your lease you did NOTHING to protect yourself.....I bet you dont evn have renters insurance to protect your belongings.

Sorry buddy this will be a very hard and expensive lesson in life skills.

[Edited by djdj on 01-27-2001 at 08:08 PM]

S

SundriedLizard

Wow, you people are brutal. Thanks for nothing, and I've never played dungeons and dragons. Grow up and learn to be a little more civilized to people about whom you know nothing.

D

djdj

This is the only way to get your attention, and start learning about a little known country called AMERICA, and how our judical system works...

Sorry you dont care.....i do!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">