• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord selling property during COVID — photography, tours, expenses?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Good point, thought about it too. But given a price for it it will be 50/50 chance. Could be both for income or for living and I am sure they are not limiting target buyers by saying it's an "income property" with tenants present.
I also know that if a newer owner will rent it out, they would definitely go for a price increase.
Can you look into purchasing it?

I had a lease agreement for a year and after it passed we agreed to prolong on a month-to-month basis.
All been good but I suddenly receive a 60-day notice from the landlord that says that she has decided to sell the property. I've communicated that I am not willing to be visited by random people but the landlord pointed to the agreement that says she is allowed to enter with a 24-hour notice. She has already sent us a real estate agent who asked me to dedicate 4 days (3 hours a day) to showings. We agreed on 3 days, and tomorrow they are bringing a photographer.
  1. I don't like the idea that pictures will be taken with my personal belongings.
  2. I don't like the risks of exposure during the COVID (I have kids).
  3. I don't like the moving expenses that will occur + it's almost impossible to find a place of same quality for the same money, so it's higher rent for me.

Can I do anything about all of those problems?
Any advice is very appreciated. Thank you.
[/QUOTE]

Izzi, I wouldn't worry about your pictures of belongings being out there. I can understand it makes you a bit uncomfortable but no one will really notice or care. Also I totally understand why you're concerned with kids. I have two grandkids of my own and I don't want them exposed to this novel virus. As far as moving goes, that is just part of being a renter, it is unfortunate they chose now to sell. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">