• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord selling property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

barbs

What is the name of your state?North Carolina
We live in North Carolina, and our landlady is selling the property. We asked if they could give us notice when showing it, as we have a small dog. The most notice I've ever gotten is 5min as they are driving in the driveway. Is there a minimum hour notice in NC? And I just found out from one of the showing realtors that if I'm not home they have a key. Is that right? We asked that they not give out a key. Could you help my stress level? Thx

ENASNI

barbs said:
What is the name of your state?North Carolina
We live in North Carolina, and our landlady is selling the property. We asked if they could give us notice when showing it, as we have a small dog. The most notice I've ever gotten is 5min as they are driving in the driveway. Is there a minimum hour notice in NC? And I just found out from one of the showing realtors that if I'm not home they have a key. Is that right? We asked that they not give out a key. Could you help my stress level? Thx
Sorry barbs... for the life of me I could not find a statute that gives a min hour notice. Any chance you could write them a letter and request at least 24 hour notice..
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByChapter/Chapter_42.html

barbs

We asked the real estate company listing it to give us at least 4hrs. But can they use their own key if we are not home?

ENASNI

hmm

barbs said:
We asked the real estate company listing it to give us at least 4hrs. But can they use their own key if we are not home?
Is there a written rental agreement/lease? Usually there are provisions written on them saying something about "the landlord or agents of the landlord" being able to enter for different reasons... that might give them the authority.
Trust me, I would be nervous as well however hopefully they are bonded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">