• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

last question - drug free housing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dequeendistress

Ineligibilty because of criminal activity: 24CFR 960.204...
Public Housing Authorities are required to Prohibit admission to families who's members have shown a pattern of use of illegal drugs, who are currently engaging in illegal use of drugs, whose abuse of alcohol or pattern of alcohol abuse would interfere with health, safety or right to peaceful enjoyment of other residents, or those convicted of drug related criminal activity.

There are mandatory federal rules in regards to criminal/drug activity and then each Housing agency may have other adopted rules which are permissive. The rules would apply to admission qualification and apply to continued occupancy.

HUD regulations that govern admissions can be found at 24 CFR 960.203, Public housing lease regulations 24 CFR part 966 as amended by the Final Rule on Drug Abuse and other Criminal Activities published in the Fed Regs May 24, 2001, Lease requirements imposed by state law and reasonable lease requirements by the PHA.

Bottom line the person has the decision to sign the lease or no...Don't sign the lease if you don't wish to play by their rules.

pigpen

who said anything about public housing? no its not public housing its a $900 apt...but none of those things describe me anyway, i have a clean record and i dont have a pattern of use of anything; i think i smoked 3 times this year, i'm hardly a pothead. and i dont even drink. i dont know where all these assumptions came from. i was just curious of how something like that addendum was exercised. thank you to all who impartially answered my questions, and did not jump to conclusions as soon as someone mentioned a TABOO. homeguru must have had his lunch money stolen by the schoolyard druggies growing up...

dequeendistress

My apology pigpen. (just for the assumption it was subsidized) But you admitted smoking the pot, hope your landlord does not read here.

Last edited:

pigpen

doubtful dequeen...even if, you couldnt tell any of these things from looking at me. thanks again for everyones help

dequeendistress

Please tell me is this the same lease that you quoted from in your other thread. The one that you did NOT sign? Since I notice that JETX inquired why you did not think of this before you signed your lease and YOU did NOT correct HIM.

Thank you

Signed

Wil E Coyote-genius

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">