• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Law regarding insurance company pre-approval

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

geister

Hello, I am interested in finding out if there is such a law in effect today that states that an insurance company can deny your preapproval rights. My husband is supposed to have a new non-invasive heart surgery and the company will not tell us if we will be denied or they will pay. This is really stupid as I relayed to the insurance company today . It is totally non-invasive and is highly successful and would cost much less than open heart surgery! The success rate is tremendous at the Cleveland Clinic in OH. The problem is that the insurance company will not accept our appeal because he hasnt had the surgery. I can accept this, but I CANT accept the fact that they wont deny OR accept anything BEFORE we have it! This absolutely makes no sense at all. Am I right? My only recourse is to pay for the 20-30,000 surgery myself which is out of the question because I am a stay at home mom (for now, that is if my husband doesnt die first), OR Have open heart surgery which will be covered totally and much more expensive. My husband is a terrific guy but refuses to have someone cut into him if he has an alternative route. I cant blame him. Thats why I am PLEADING with you to tell me if we have a choice. I am so grateful to all of youfor taking your personal time to give this advice. Thanks
Also, if there is NO such law, any advice on how we can beat this stupid system?!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">