• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
wrongful termination

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I work for the City of East Orange and I am a member of a union (CWA). I was involved in an automobile accident in which a car jumped the curb and injured me. This happened to me while on the job. The lawyer that helped me to sue the driver suggested that I go after the city as well, being that this occured during job hours. My supervisor, told my co-worker that if I went after the city, I would be terminated. My lawyer went after the city anyway and I have now been terminated. Can I sue for this termination? If so, how much money am I possibly looking at for this lawsuit?
Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential