• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving the US while waiting for change of status to be approved?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aterro369

Leaving the US while waiting for change of status to be approved. What chances do I have to re-enter the US on another Visa ?
Current Status:
I have arrived in New York at the end of May,2018 on a J1 Work and Travel program Not subject to the 2 years rule with an expiration date 30 september. Throughout my grace period I applied for a B2Tourist Visa. After a while I got a letter from USCIS in which is written that my case is being proccessed. I'm wondering what is going to happen if I leave the country before recieving their answer, besides that they will consider my application as abondoned. And further more for what type of visa should I apply once I'm back in my country, since I'm still a undergraduate student. I would be glad if you estimate my chances for obtaining a J1 Work and Travel, Internship or a F1 Student Visa. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">