• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal age in florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bneefreak

What is the name of your state?FL
My nephew signed up for a school that was going to help him pass his GED. He went to the florida School of Excellence and signed a paper saying that he would pay $520 for the course. he had the option of making payments of $60 a month until he paid it off. he had to give them $160 to begin. he dropped out of the course shortly after that. his mother called the school before he dropped out and asked if he still would be resposible for the whole amount. the person said that no, he would just lose the money that he already paid but he would not have to pay the full amount. now a collection company is trying to get him to pay 411.99. but by my calculations he is only resposible for 520-160=360. but at the time that he signed the paperwork he was only 17(Jan). he turned 18 in March.
1. my question is, is he legally responsible to pay this bill since he was under 18? his parents did not sign any papers.
2. if he is legally resposible can they be charging 12% interest eventhough the papers that he signed say nothing about interest.

i would really appreciate any and all help.
mercy

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">