• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Assault? PA and NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say I was going to be at a wedding in a different state with somebody I can't stand, would it be okay to assault them before we left and then face no legal issues when we are back in our home state?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
No. It would not be "okay" to assault someone at an out of state wedding.

1) Legally: the person you assault can file a police report, and if charges are pressed, you will have to return to the state to go to court and face the consequences. If you choose not to show, that's even worse. And because of computers, if you get stopped for anything, there will be an outstanding warrant. What fun! Not.

2) Socially: no one wants that sort of drama at a wedding. It just shows a lack of maturity and common sense. It's a good way to ensure that you don't get to have Thanksgiving with pleasant people.

P.S. And you wonder why some people won't hire you after meeting you?

Shadowbunny: Clearly you don't know what trolling is. You may not like my question, but it is a legit legal question.

not2cleverRed:
1) Thanks for the heads up!
2) Doesn't matter, it is for my wife's distant relatives who I've never met and she has only interacted with a handful of times in her life.
3) I obviously keep my inner thoughts to myself, and I'm the one that turned them down after their bait and switch.

Just Blue

Shadowbunny: Clearly you don't know what trolling is. You may not like my question, but it is a legit legal question.

not2cleverRed:
2) Doesn't matter, it is for my wife's distant relatives who I've never met and she has only interacted with a handful of times in her life.
3) I obviously keep my inner thoughts to myself, and I'm the one that turned them down after their bait and switch.
I suggest you seek assistance from a Mental Health Professional for your anger issues. I wish you well and hope you make speedy progress with your anger issues.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights

not2cleverRed:
I absolutely know what trolling is. And in your case, the KINDEST possible explanation is that you're a troll. Because a sane, competent person wouldn't even think to ask this asinine question.

Eekamouse

not2cleverRed:
Someone with your maturity level is actually married? I pity your poor wife. Direct her here when she finally realizes you'll never change and wants to divorce you. We'll gladly help her. ;)

quincy

Someone with your maturity level is actually married? I pity your poor wife. Direct her here when she finally realizes you'll never change and wants to divorce you. We'll gladly help her. ;)
His wife was the one who led him to believe he was blacklisted because an employer chose not to grant him a second interview. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">