• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal fee benefit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmccaulley

What is the name of your state?pennsylvania....i have noticed that once each month Acme markets includes in my wages $11.50 for the legal fee benefit. then they take out taxes on it. when i subtracted from my gross pay the stated deductions, it was $11.50 short in my net pay. they tell me this is what penna. did with this benefit. i am in a union and pay weekly dues, which i thought covered all my benefits. is this legal to do or do they owe it back since i paid tax on the money and saw $0 dollars of it.. thank you,
d. mccaulley

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
PA has some really weird employment tax laws that don't exist in any other state (or at least, don't exist in any other state where I have ever had employees) and I do remember one something like you describe. Unless Patty has some more current info on the subject you might double check with the PA DLI; I wouldn't want to steer you wrong because PA taxes are so bizarre.

pattytx

cbg is talking about the employee contribution to PA Unemployment Insurance tax, but that wouldn't apply here, since the amount would not be added to gross pay.

First place to go is your payroll person. If they cannot explain this to your understanding, go to HR. If still not sure, go to your union rep.
We have no idea what your union contract includes or doesn't include.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">