• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal guardianship without mother present in court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

canihelpu

What is the name of your state? CA.
I have a friend who is running from the law and wants to turn herself in. She wants me to look after her two boys (6&8) while she's in (6-12 months). I have been advised to get temporary legal guardianship. Does she have to be present in court and can I file the form (CA GC-150, i think) myself. She's afraid that if she shows up in court on this, they'll arrest her on the spot. She does not want CPS involved in anyway (neither do I), so does not want to wait to speak with a public defender to find out her options after she's processed. They will most likely bring CPS into the picture and they will take her kids and never give them back. They were already in the system while she was in jail a few years ago and it really messed them up. More so then being with her. She's 42 years old now and ready to quit the b.s..
Thanks for anyone who takes the time to answer. :(

S

seniorjudge

canihelpu said:
What is the name of your state? CA.
I have a friend who is running from the law and wants to turn herself in. She wants me to look after her two boys (6&8) while she's in (6-12 months). I have been advised to get temporary legal guardianship. Does she have to be present in court and can I file the form (CA GC-150, i think) myself. She's afraid that if she shows up in court on this, they'll arrest her on the spot. She does not want CPS involved in anyway (neither do I), so does not want to wait to speak with a public defender to find out her options after she's processed. They will most likely bring CPS into the picture and they will take her kids and never give them back. They were already in the system while she was in jail a few years ago and it really messed them up. More so then being with her. She's 42 years old now and ready to quit the b.s..
Thanks for anyone who takes the time to answer. :(
First, go hire a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">