• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal rights as Non Custodial and change of custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

milspecgirl

you could ask for a modification to allow more phone time or to change the days due to your daughter's extracurriculars. Also, ask for an earlier time 6-8 so that it is more in line with her age. You can also ask for there to be no overnight guests of the opposite sex. I'm not saying you will get it, but you can ask. Filing to modify could show you are concerned about these things. Also, ask that the court order mandate events be relayed within 24 hours of schedule or something to that extent. I understand your frustration and pain. I finally bought my 12 yo a cell phone cause they were never home when I called. also, you may want to send your requests to your ex in writing via certified letter so that she has a chance to respond to your concerns. Try to show you are working with her and she wont cooperate

tkchewy

you could ask for a modification to allow more phone time or to change the days due to your daughter's extracurriculars. Also, ask for an earlier time 6-8 so that it is more in line with her age. You can also ask for there to be no overnight guests of the opposite sex. I'm not saying you will get it, but you can ask. Filing to modify could show you are concerned about these things. Also, ask that the court order mandate events be relayed within 24 hours of schedule or something to that extent. I understand your frustration and pain. I finally bought my 12 yo a cell phone cause they were never home when I called. also, you may want to send your requests to your ex in writing via certified letter so that she has a chance to respond to your concerns. Try to show you are working with her and she wont cooperate
Great ideas, tried the cell phone, ex was using it ( trac phone ) got expensive.I do have an e-mail acoount for her, but mom only lets her check it once a week.
we do most of request through email, she just doesn't want to work things out..this has been going on since the begining, I even have an email where she stated, "I am only going to be nice until custody is done" She works for the state , so any email sent is public record..ops on her part.
changing call times only works if she wasn't always busy. No kidding, even when she was 6 , she was up at 6:30am with mom, go to school at 8:10, out of school at 3:10, off to friend house or sitter until mom off work, then to the YMCA until 7:30 or 8, or to some other event like girl scouts and then after scouts she stays at mom's friends house where there is no way I can call and doesnt leave there until 9 :30 because mom is doing Mary k meetings , at that hour she has already been sleeping and not much for talking...or she is having dinner with mom and the lastest boyfriend so cnat talk then,after dinner she has to hurry and get to bed.
During the summer, she had her doing, swim lessons, drama class, dance class, pottery class, T-ball, flag football, basketball, and at one point she had 4 of theses going at the same time... I know this is going to sound far fetched, but I swear she plans these things during our planned call times...
Everyone says to move, out here good jobs are tuff to find, my job even harder, I work for a world wide company,dont find jobs this good very often. Cant change jobs and still pay the amount of support I pay,,,,$530, and support a family of 5 ..
I can tell you my daughter wants to be here, but still wants to spend time with mom. Mom is always so busy that it becomes an issue, my daughter has cried many times about not getting to spend alot of time with her mother.
I know I cannot control who she sees, but she needs to not invole our 8 year in her relationships. She just told me tonite that , and this came out of the blue, "it is ok to kiss relatives, mommy was kissing uncle Scott and he got hit" Uncle scott is just a close friend whom we have known for ever..She went out with him, his GF,his X-GF and her boyfriend, they all were drinking and she has always wanted to fool around with him. But why would my 8 year old need to know any of this. She even told me that Scott's GF name was kim and that mommy and kim sent "a million text messages " to each otheer in one day over getting hit...Bottom line, she needs to remember our daughter is not an adult and this is not how adults should act, but the example that she is setting is killing me.
I am going to file, I am just waiting until after the holidays, but I need to make sure I cover everything...Going to try and get something done to help our daughter.

Advice on what to try and change is welcomed.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">