• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal to force dog owners to register their dogs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Uncle Big Bad

Wisconsin.
I have been informed I have to pay for a county license to have my dog. I also have to buy a license for rabies. I do this on my own. i don't need the local or state or federal government to tell me what to do. And I don't want to fund their inept programs to keep people busy. How can this be legal to do?

CdwJava

Because government has articulated a vested interest in making certain that your dogs are properly vaccinated and cared for ... thus, the registration requirement.

Yes, they can do it. You can choose to obey the law or not. if you disobey the law, be prepared to deal with the consequences.

- Carl

racer72

Are you a resident of Wisconsin? If the answer is yes, that is why they can do it. Dog ownership is not a right, it comes with responsibilities such as following state and local laws. Move to some place that meets your legal expectations or find a new home for Rover.

nextwife

Wisconsin.
I have been informed I have to pay for a county license to have my dog. I also have to buy a license for rabies. I do this on my own. i don't need the local or state or federal government to tell me what to do. And I don't want to fund their inept programs to keep people busy. How can this be legal to do?
There is no constitutional "protections" for Dog Ownership.

And, as WI dog owner, I have no issue with the gov't holding me responsible for the care of my dogs AND the liability if I allow harm to come to others due to my failure to properly train, innoculate, restrain and socialize my animals.

grndslm

There's also constitutional protections for life, liberty, & property... but laws are still created that break those "protections". How about that time when the local police stole my friend's marijuana. Who gives the Government "lawful authority" if it isn't the people themselves??

The correct answer to the OPs question is... you are bound by all statutes that your state passes, because you are an employee of the state. They include you in their society, because (A) your legal fiction (AKA: your person) was created with the registration of your Birth Certificate, (B) you are technically an employee of the state since you have a pension plan with the state, which would be social security, (C) you're living on the state's property, since you do not have an allodial title; you pay property taxes to the state, because you don't truly own it to the same degree that they own it.

The government has manufactured consent by you simply doing nothing.

racer72

There's also constitutional protections for life, liberty, & property... but laws are still created that break those "protections". How about that time when the local police stole my friend's marijuana. Who gives the Government "lawful authority" if it isn't the people themselves??

The correct answer to the OPs question is... you are bound by all statutes that your state passes, because you are an employee of the state. They include you in their society, because (A) your legal fiction (AKA: your person) was created with the registration of your Birth Certificate, (B) you are technically an employee of the state since you have a pension plan with the state, which would be social security, (C) you're living on the state's property, since you do not have an allodial title; you pay property taxes to the state, because you don't truly own it to the same degree that they own it.

You have been smoking too much of that phony wackt tabaccy.

justalayman

social security is a FEDERAL fund. The state has nothing to do with it.

and what happens if I live in a state I was not born in? Am I still an employee of the state I reside although they do not provide me with any source of income?

Hey, I wonder if I should be paid minimum wage by the state but what are my work hours? Am I exempt or non-exempt?

what the hell is my job description?

can't argue with the allodiall title though but nobody told me that is what I was getting. Fee simple is the standard in the US.

I guess if you don't have a birth cert you don't exist. You are merely a figment of your own imagination.

grndslm

social security is a FEDERAL fund. The state has nothing to do with it.
The federal government is a state. That's what I was initially referring to, but yes... somehow the states have to obey everything the Federal Government says.

and what happens if I live in a state I was not born in? Am I still an employee of the state I reside although they do not provide me with any source of income?
When your parents create your Birth Cert., you become PROPERTY of the state (Fed Gov). That's how the state can require children to go to school until a certain age, get vaccines, etc...

Then they give you a SSN, which is your employee number so that you can have access to your wonderful pension plan.

The Fed Gov then relinquishes all other powers to the state, soo.. it makes sense to me.

Hey, I wonder if I should be paid minimum wage by the state but what are my work hours? Am I exempt or non-exempt?
You're paid based on how much you put into your pension plan. If you don't put enough in, then you get all your money back, so you're exempt. If you retire and still make more than $25k/yr.. you have to pay taxes, so you're not exempt.

what the hell is my job description?
To listen and obey.

I guess if you don't have a birth cert you don't exist. You are merely a figment of your own imagination.
You cannot exist without a birth cert?!? That's a new one to me.

grndslm

Amendments 5 and 14 do belong to the Constitution, don't they?

I coulda sworn there were at least 3 amendments that included that... but whatevz.

Alex23

Just do whatever you want. The govt' is not going to come after you for your dog. If you incur any fines, they are likely to be less than the registration fees, anyway. They have bigger fish to fry, so don't worry about it.

*(the above statement is not meant to be taken as legal advice)

justalayman

=grndslm;2345132]The federal government is a state. That's what I was initially referring to, but yes... somehow the states have to obey everything the Federal Government says.
but a birth certificate and land title are actual states issues. You are mixing the two entities together.

When your parents create your Birth Cert., you become PROPERTY of the state (Fed Gov). That's how the state can require children to go to school until a certain age, get vaccines, etc...
Sorry, those are all individual state requirements as well as the BC is an individual state issue.

Then they give you a SSN, which is your employee number so that you can have access to your wonderful pension plan.
You really don't have to have a SS#

The Fed Gov then relinquishes all other powers to the state, soo.. it makes sense to me.
What a surprise that it makes sense to you.

You're paid based on how much you put into your pension plan. If you don't put enough in, then you get all your money back, so you're exempt. If you retire and still make more than $25k/yr.. you have to pay taxes, so you're not exempt
.what a load of BS. I don't remember what the actual count is but a person will draw out all of what they paid into SS in just a few years of taking.

You cannot exist without a birth cert?!? That's a new one to me.
you said:

They include you in their society, because (A) your legal fiction (AKA: your person) was created with the registration of your Birth Certificate,

So, what is your status if you do not have a birth certificate? By your statements, you ( or in your words: your legal fiction AKA: your person) would not exist

BOR

There's also constitutional protections for life, liberty, & property...
Amendment XIV
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.

As noted, you can not be deprived of such without DP. If that occurs, take action.

The US SC has ruled you have a right to engage in the "common occupations of life" and although a "liberty" is not expressly defined, it includes the "pursuit of happiness", all entangled into DP and the deprivation of.

grndslm

You really don't have to have a SS#
No you don't. If you didn't have a choice about the matter, you'd be a slave.

what a load of BS. I don't remember what the actual count is but a person will draw out all of what they paid into SS in just a few years of taking.
Prolly has A LOT to do with inflation, I'd imagine.

So, what is your status if you do not have a birth certificate? By your statements, you ( or in your words: your legal fiction AKA: your person) would not exist
A real, living, breathing, human being exists. According to one dictionary I picked up at a friend's house a month or two ago, I was surprised to actually see the definition of a freeman -- "Someone who holds the full rights of citizenship" or also "someone who is not a serf or a slave". So if the state has no papers that say they OWN you or that you are employed by them... you are a freeman, and you are only bound by common law, provided that you understand common law and that you are a freeman to begin with. Otherwise, your consent to be governed is reason enough that you need governing.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.

As noted, you can not be deprived of such without DP. If that occurs, take action.

The US SC has ruled you have a right to engage in the "common occupations of life" and although a "liberty" is not expressly defined, it includes the "pursuit of happiness", all entangled into DP and the deprivation of.
I'm extremely glad that you brought that up BOR. Elsewhere on this board, people would always say that anything passed into law is considered due process of law and is therefore valid, but that never made sense to me considering laws *are* found to be unconstitutional on occasion. So here's what I find for due process... Constitutional Topic: Due Process - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Great food for thought! That page talks about how equality before the law is of utmost importance and how there's a substantive due process as well as procedural due process that most people consider. That page alone seems like it proves that anyone could get off of a marijuana charge. The state is allowed to cultivate marijuana, even tho the state itself says a Sched 1 drug can't be cultivated; and people are granted immunities for possessing and smoking this medicinal herb... therefore, the law doesn't adhere to procedural due process. And of course it has no merit in terms of substantive due process... so I'd just like to give a great many thanks to BOR!! Due Process = WIN.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">