• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legality of 2 marriages?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

secrecyguy2

What is the name of your state? California Oregon Neveda

I know someone who is married to a guy in another country but they been separated for many years. The reason they never got a divorce is she have lots to gain if he end up dying. I think the reason he never got a divorce is he probably still love her.

So what happens if she got married again with another guy in USA without getting a divorce? Or is it still better for her to get a divorce first?

eerelations

The USA marriage would be illegal, and if she is caught, she will be treated as a criminal by American authorities.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? California Oregon Neveda

I know someone who is married to a guy in another country but they been separated for many years. The reason they never got a divorce is she have lots to gain if he end up dying. I think the reason he never got a divorce is he probably still love her.

So what happens if she got married again with another guy in USA without getting a divorce? Or is it still better for her to get a divorce first?
She would be committing a crime if she married another guy in the USA without getting a divorce first. She would be committing the crime of bigamy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">