• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liability?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bmat

What is the name of your state? California
i owned an llc and had an operating agreement which was a talent agency and we represented models since 1998. my partner and i did not agree on a lot of the business practices and therefore agreed to dissolve the business in march of 2001. i waited until all billings came in and then proceeded to finish all paperwork to complete the dissolution. over the past two years i have received paperwork and checks that say that she is collecting off of our closed business. i have sent her numerous letters stating that this is wrong and she has ignored them, continued to collect under our company name and has not paid me half of my due commission while collecting. i had asked that she bill under her new company name and then give me half of the commissions but she refused. i do not want to be liable for the taxes that she is accumulating by still collecting on a dissolved business. i am at a loss of how to deal with this situation as the lawyer who was handling this case moved to sf.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">