• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liberty taking neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

California -

our neighbor leaves one of his fleet of trucks (he has at least six vehicles and parking for four) from his hvac business in front of our house for months at a time, parks his trash in front of our house on collection day. a trash collector came by and asked why we had two sets of bins out, then asked me why I let my neighbor do this, it's not like he asked for permission pal. is there any recourse for this type of low key scumbaggery?

quincy

Have you asked your neighbor to stop parking in front of your house and stop parking his garbage in front of your house?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Have you spoken to the city about this?

Have you called the police about this?

pac72

most public streets are for everybodys use as far as parking legally registered vehicles, im guessing there is no no parking restrictions at night ? realistically as long as his vehicles are legally registered he can park them legally on the street.

you don't own the street in front of your home.. like it or not , its public parking, unless restricted by your boro or twp..

is it annoying ? maybe. but it does sound like its legal parking...

Zigner

most public streets are for everybodys use as far as parking legally registered vehicles, im guessing there is no no parking restrictions at night ? realistically as long as his vehicles are legally registered he can park them legally on the street.

you don't own the street in front of your home.. like it or not , its public parking, unless restricted by your boro or twp..

is it annoying ? maybe. but it does sound like its legal parking...
While I don't disagree with you, your statement assumes that there is no municipal restriction on the amount of time a vehicle may be parked on the street, and no municipal restriction on commercial vehicles parking on the street. Without knowing the OP's city, your post really shouldn't have been made.

Zigner

want me to delete it? but op never stated any restrictions...just he doesn't like it basically
Many people don't even realize their city has such an ordinance...and the OP's municipality may not. I'd like for the OP to let us know what city (if any) and county this is taking place in.

Have you asked your neighbor to stop parking in front of your house and stop parking his garbage in front of your house?
If I were on friendly terms I most certainly would have, but we moved here about three months ago and neither the husband or wife return hellos or make eye contact even. I am here to see if I have any rights. legally speaking, before I confront these people

Zigner

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">