• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

licensing of music and pictures

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ksims91

my question concerns the licensing of songs and pictures i use on my website. for example, if i use a picture of a celebrity,say brad pitt, on my site that i get from an unofficial site, do i have to write mr. pitt for permission to use the picture? or can i just put a disclaimer on the site?

D

djdj

As long as you dont intend to make money, or charge money on your site to view the pictures, or to defame him....

Or especally advertise a famous name in your ads to get people to your pay site. EG: interested in brad pitt visit my site at http://......com or sell them stuff... uh oh

Then it should come under a fair use clause, eg: you are big fan...then you are ok.

[Edited by djdj on 02-10-2001 at 02:36 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">