• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Estate and a business and other disasters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CodeMonk

Then you should have REMOVED THEM. Go remove them now. You are being stubborn to be stubborn. GO MOVE YOUR PROPERTY OFF OF HIS LAND. Do it ASAP. That way you don't have a problem. And before you say you have no place to put it -- not our problem and NOT his problem.
Problem is, there are horse in some of them right now. I will move them then ASAP.
But for the moment, I need sleep.
These 30 - 40 days are killing me (no its not drugs, I have a cyst in my spine that makes it damn near impossible to get comfortable enough to fall asleep.
I usually have to wait unit I nearly drop from exhaustion (Before anyone says it, No insurance, little money, been turned down for aid.)

justalayman

I don't know too many females who refer to themselves as monks. Guys usually do. CodeMonk is the name, whining is HIS game.If it was codenun I would go with female. Though I guess it could be a confused female -- maybe a crying game thing?
I guess you would be right but in a feeble defense; if it was a really butch she, she might refer to herself as "monk"

or it could be short for monkey which if I remember my juvenile vernacular, there is something about that that was used to refer to a female's anatomy somewhere along the line. Can't remember the specific use but it's in somewhere in the back of my head somewhere.

CodeMonk

you pay for the water? Who pays to maintain the well?
do you pay rent for the building the feed is stored on?

City water

How convenient

Whatever

well, that is up to you whether he does or doesn't.

then you will have the last laugh. I suggest removing all of your personal property from the ranch so he can get started failing.

btw: unless your fathers estate has been probated, the stuff is NOT YOURS.

What I suspect is happening is the lawyer told you to leave long ago so he can start up his boarding stable and has grown tired of your excuses of why you won't or don't have to remove your property. As such, he is simply stepping in and starting his stable and pushing you out of the way.
Yet another false assumption.
He didn't show up until last week.
Is that all you people do here is insult people that come here asking for help and advice, and while they are usually under a great deal of stress.
Seems that way.
I'll be sure to tell all my friends how kind, understanding and helpful you all are (Well, some of you have actually been helpful without resorting to juvenile insults).

s/he seems kind of whiny and a stomp your feet when you don't get your way kind of person. I tend to associate that more with a female than a male. sorry.:eek:
I'm male
Stomp my feet and whine?
Tell you what, when it feels like you life is falling apart and you have people trying to screw you over, lets see how you feel.

I don't know too many females who refer to themselves as monks. Guys usually do. CodeMonk is the name, whining is HIS game.If it was codenun I would go with female. Though I guess it could be a confused female -- maybe a crying game thing?
CodeMonk came from the fact that I used to be a software engineer. An auto mechanic is often referred to as a "Grease Monkey".
I used to fix/write code.

I guess you would be right but in a feeble defense; if it was a really butch she, she might refer to herself as "monk"

or it could be short for monkey which if I remember my juvenile vernacular, there is something about that that was used to refer to a female's anatomy somewhere along the line. Can't remember the specific use but it's in somewhere in the back of my head somewhere.
Maybe its there with your Self-Righteous attitude. Kind of crowded in there.

I'm very very tired, and extremely stressed out.
I Came here asking for help and advice and while I have gotten some, some of you have just been insulting.
Yeah, that's great way to treat someone that is just asking for help

Last edited:

ecmst12

Ok, so you didn't know the identity of the property owner. You still should have opened probate. Since you can't afford a lawyer to handle that for you, and to negotiate with the owner of the land, and you are COMPLETELY clueless about the whole process on what you would need to do to get the business transferred into your name, and you don't have the funds to move the equipment to a new location even if you could find one on short notice...I think your only feasible option is to sell the business and equipment to the landowner, and use the money to get back on your feet while you find a job. Ideally one that offers health insurance.

ecmst12

BTW, posting in bold sure makes it look like you are stomping your feet and throwing a tantrum.

You made a LOT of mistakes here. Nothing to be done about it but OWN UP to them, and figure out where to go from here. No one here is going to give you a hug and agree that you've been SO WRONGED by everyone else, when that's not the case. You ignored the situation and hoped the landowner would never show up. You gambled and lost. It was a mistake, and we are going to tell you so straight out. None of which changes what you have to do going forward.

CodeMonk

BTW, posting in bold sure makes it look like you are stomping your feet and throwing a tantrum.

You made a LOT of mistakes here. Nothing to be done about it but OWN UP to them, and figure out where to go from here. No one here is going to give you a hug and agree that you've been SO WRONGED by everyone else, when that's not the case. You ignored the situation and hoped the landowner would never show up. You gambled and lost. It was a mistake, and we are going to tell you so straight out. None of which changes what you have to do going forward.
I did the bold so it would be easier for those that were reading to see what I wrote.
It wasn't meant as a "foot stomping gesture".

And yes, I admit, I have made a lot of mistakes.
I am both an Engineer and a Musician.
But when it comes to legal matters, I just freeze up. I don't know ****.

Show me a piece of sheet music and I can tell you the tempo, what key it is in, and several other things.
Show me a legal form and my mind goes blank.

justalayman

Maybe its there with your Self-Righteous attitude. Kind of crowded in there.
self righteous?

You apparently knew the property wasn't yours yet you continued to live on it and use it to make money. You do realize that you screwed the lawyer out of what was rightfully his, right? Your failure to notify the proper people about your father's death allowed you to cheat the lawyer out of a lot of money and now you wonder why he doesn't want to help you in any way. Talk about self righteous; try looking in the mirror buddy.

CodeMonk

self righteous?

You apparently knew the property wasn't yours yet you continued to live on it and use it to make money. You do realize that you screwed the lawyer out of what was rightfully his, right? Your failure to notify the proper people about your father's death allowed you to cheat the lawyer out of a lot of money and now you wonder why he doesn't want to help you in any way. Talk about self righteous; try looking in the mirror buddy.
I never asked him to help me. Nor do I expect him to help me.

And my dad was very prominent and well known in the area. He was very politically involved. The Mayor and several city council members were at his funeral. The Mayor even gave the Eulogy at his funeral.
As well as an article in the local newspaper about his passing. It was on the front page (Its a relatively small town).
He even had a horse trail named in his honor.
Plus my dads doctor is the attorney's daughter-in-law.
Then there was the standard obituary.
I think enough people knew about his passing.

justalayman

I think enough people knew about his passing.
Irrelevant.

You refused to take the proper legal action to process his estate. Now you are considering taking property that is not yours (the pens and anything else the business owns) without taking the appropriate legal actions.

You do realize that technically taking property that is not yours is theft, right? Until you process the estate, the chattels of the business are not yours. They belong to the estate. For all you know, they should have been liquidated to provide funds to pay for estate debts.

Then, regardless of what the attorney did or didn't do, you have no legal right to remain on the property as you did. I sure hope you did not damage anything or cause any wear and tear to anything the attorney owns. You can be held liable for those damages.

You are still riding that horse named self righteous.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">