• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Litigation Filed March 1995, against Co-op

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lezliemel

I lived in this co-op since Jan. 1980, in Sept. 1993, I called management because of odors and fluids emanating through my walls and ceilings from the apartment above. I had began to get ill because of the odors along with memory loss. I never heard from management after that visit. Then on February 25, 1994 while sitting at my kitchen table I opened my mouth and inhaled a mouth full of urine, I went upstairs opened the door, the urine in the hallway was so strong the it was able to burn my skin. I had been ill but the doctors said that it was stress, or basically that I was crazy. Even after I found out that I had been breathing toxic waste from human and bird urine and defecation. My monthly maintenance was over $800.00 a month, so I was not liven in a low income housing development.

I paid to have biological sampling done in my apartment for airborne contaminants. The results were that there was poor ventilation, and airborne bacteria of Penicillium, Byssochlamys, Rhodotorulam and Creamy Yeast. I was tested and found to have allergies to cockroaches, pigeons droppings and mold.

My attorney filed the law suit in March 1995, he called called me at the end or 1999 or the beginning of 2000 to tell me that an offer of $4,000.00 had been made and that I should take it because I filed bankruptcy and I was getting Social Security Disability. I said NO. I have not heard from my attorney since.

What will happen to my case?

JETX

Without having access to your casefile, there is no way that we can definitively answer your question.

Your case could still be active, could have been dismissed for lack of prosecution, or could even have been settled against your wishes.

You need to contact your attorney and ask for a status update.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">