• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lock in fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jt123mim

What is the name of your state? Ca.
Yesterday afternoon, over the phone I locked in an adjustable rate with a mortgage co. that charged me $600 on my credit card for a lock-in rate. They said it would be refinded when the refinace funded. I have decided (after sleeping on it) that I should keep my fixed rate. The mortgage co. over the phone did tell me that I would lose the $600 if I decided to cancel. I did not sign anything, but I did give them my credit card #. Is there any way out of being charged the $600 since I have signed nothing and it has been less than 24 hours?

Ciarraine

jt123mim said:
What is the name of your state? Ca.
Yesterday afternoon, over the phone I locked in an adjustable rate with a mortgage co. that charged me $600 on my credit card for a lock-in rate. They said it would be refinded when the refinace funded. I have decided (after sleeping on it) that I should keep my fixed rate. The mortgage co. over the phone did tell me that I would lose the $600 if I decided to cancel. I did not sign anything, but I did give them my credit card #. Is there any way out of being charged the $600 since I have signed nothing and it has been less than 24 hours?
Call your credit card issuer asap and see if they can help.

Most states prohibit non-refundable deposits, but not all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">