• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long Distance Visitation for Three Year Old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

starrsh1ne

I have one more question to add to this. He is saying he wants me to do have of the travelling and pay for half. Is this fair since he technically created the distance?

LdiJ

I have one more question to add to this. He is saying he wants me to do have of the travelling and pay for half. Is this fair since he technically created the distance?
I would definitely not agree to that one. That does not mean that the judge might not end up ordering you to share the travel, depending on the totality of the circumstances, but its not something you should agree to upfront.

starrsh1ne

Thank you all for your responses. I spoke to a lawyer who advised me not go to court. He was not familiar with the judge so I am going for another opinion. He told me it would be rolling the dice and the judge could end up awarding one month in ca and one month in oregon. So now I'm really scared of court.

LdiJ

Thank you all for your responses. I spoke to a lawyer who advised me not go to court. He was not familiar with the judge so I am going for another opinion. He told me it would be rolling the dice and the judge could end up awarding one month in ca and one month in oregon. So now I'm really scared of court.
I cannot imagine a judge awarding anything of that nature unless it was something the parents agreed upon. The judge would know that you would end up right back in court in a couple of years when its time for her to start kindergarten...and fighting an extremely hostile custody battle. Definitely consult another attorney.

Seriously, that would be a ridiculous order for a judge to make, particularly with your set of circumstances.

starrsh1ne

Thank you so much. I got a second opinion and he suggested one week a month until she starts preschool. I am just confused as it seems to me like a holiday schedule would be best but lawyers don't seem to agree.

starrsh1ne

I also know he won't agree to that because that was our initial verbal agreement and he changed it to kindergarten. I'm just trying so hard to figure out if court would be a good thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">