• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking for the father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chucky123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

My friend recently got pregnant and I am helping her through it. She does not know who the father is. They had a one night stand through an online dating site. She has absolutely no way of finding out who he is without the site revealing his personal info. She has asked them and they will not without a court order. Can she get a court order for the site to divulge whatever information they have on the guy so we can hopefully identify and track him down?

Proserpina

My friend recently got pregnant and I am helping her through it. She does not know who the father is. They had a one night stand through an online dating site. She has absolutely no way of finding out who he is without the site revealing his personal info. She has asked them and they will not without a court order. Can she get a court order for the site to divulge whatever information they have on the guy so we can hopefully identify and track him down?

Now I'm thinking you're REALLY bored and have nothing better to do.

But on the offchance..

Woops. Nope. Sorry, that's not going to happen. It would be what is commonly known as "a fishing expedition".

Your "friend" should be a tad more discerning in the future.

Is this the same online dating site where you were traumatised by The Very Scary Gay Person?

sandyclaus

Probably not.

Don't you think it's kind of her fault for jumping in bed with a guy she didn't even bother to get to know first? I mean, heck... she didn't even get a name? Or a phone number?

Rwedunyet

Perhaps you need to quit focusing on the sexual habits of others for a while?

Your friend made a baby with a stranger, and cannot contact him. Now this child may grow up without knowing who his/her father is. HER deviant behavior has sentenced this child to a life of confusion and discomfort. SHE should be ashamed. or maybe it was OK because they did it in a bedroom and not on a desk? :confused:

And you are all worked up over the gay dude? Your priorities are screwed up.

Seriously, work on the attitude and get off the dating sites.

Seriously.

mmmagique

Some guy traumatized me by sending me over 20 sexualized messages through a dating site. I allowed it to happen by not blocking and deleting. (I was secretly titillated) I want more proof of who this guy is than I already have, but I'm not sure the site can be compelled to give it to me. I know! I'll ask on that legal site. But I'll pretend it's for a pregnant, yet morally compromised friend who was too dumb to even get her date's real name!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">