• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost mom needs answers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

virtuallylost

1) it is up to the judge whether the child "has his say" (note the word "CHILD).
2) $400 a month? I barely got that for 2 teenage boys!
3) and when/if there is a court order regarding visitation, and Dad does get specified visit times--and YOU do not make your child go for visits? Then you can be facing at the very least, contempt charges....possibly more significant issues.

I hope like all blue h*ll, you are in therapy and your son is in therapy. Whether your anger and bitterness is justified or not, you have a lot of both--and need to deal with those emotions in a constructive and productive manner.
Did you not read my story? Are you an Attorney? or possibly one of his family members?This man is an alcoholic, he has serious rage issues. I have 3 ADULT children that would testify to what THEY SAW! I have NOT stopped or prevented my son or my ex from seeing each . I have provided a cell phone for my son specifically so him and dad can communicate without inteference from myself. And absolutely, myself my son and my daughter have all been registered with women in distress. When there's something in writing I'll abide by it, until then my ex can go to hell. You bet i'm bitter, I put up and made excuses for him for 17 years. I've been burnt with a cigarette lighter, pushed shoved, putdown. locked out of the house, locked in my room, and much more. You bet I'm bitter. I bought a house with this man it was my $4500 downpayment and his credit. And I was forced to leave because he wouldnt, and our son was being effected by it. Before we left he even punched our son in the chest out of anger!

Silverplum

Did you not read my story? Are you an Attorney? or possibly one of his family members?This man is an alcoholic, he has serious rage issues. I have 3 ADULT children that would testify to what THEY SAW! I have NOT stopped or prevented my son or my ex from seeing each . I have provided a cell phone for my son specifically so him and dad can communicate without inteference from myself. And absolutely, myself my son and my daughter have all been registered with women in distress. When there's something in writing I'll abide by it, until then my ex can go to hell. You bet i'm bitter, I put up and made excuses for him for 17 years. I've been burnt with a cigarette lighter, pushed shoved, putdown. locked out of the house, locked in my room, and much more. You bet I'm bitter. I bought a house with this man it was my $4500 downpayment and his credit. And I was forced to leave because he wouldnt, and our son was being effected by it. Before we left he even punched our son in the chest out of anger!
You probably need to at least consult with a family law attorney. Many offer free initial consultations: make a list of your questions and use the opportunity wisely.

Ladyback1

. Before we left he even punched our son in the chest out of anger!

And you didn't call the cops????:mad::confused::eek:

FYI--I was kicked in the head, shoved down more times than I can count, hit, choked, had things thrown at me, etc. (but he NEVER laid a hand on my kids) So yeah, I do understand. (and I have a police report to back the abuse) Get your emotions in check, get some therapy/counseling, and you will have to let go of some the horrible/awful things that the "Ex" did in order to move forward.

You may not be able to impose your will on the court; and your CHILD may not be able to have his say or even speak to the judge.

virtuallylost

And you didn't call the cops????:mad::confused::eek:

FYI--I was kicked in the head, shoved down more times than I can count, hit, choked, had things thrown at me, etc. (but he NEVER laid a hand on my kids) So yeah, I do understand. (and I have a police report to back the abuse) Get your emotions in check, get some therapy/counseling, and you will have to let go of some the horrible/awful things that the "Ex" did in order to move forward.

You may not be able to impose your will on the court; and your CHILD may not be able to have his say or even speak to the judge.
Of course the cops were called, several times, my children have also called the cops, but that meant absolutely nothing. CPS has been involved and my worker took my sons statement, believed HIM and told me that I in no way should force my son to see his father! Regarding the police reports, its still "he said, she said", so unless your bloodied and bruised and go to the doctor with huge bruises the courst toss you away. And by the way when i was in PSL the doctor I saw there I did inform, but i only saw her 2 times before i left, and she told me that if i didnt do something about the situation SHE would call DCF.

Last edited:

virtuallylost

flee the state?

The only way you can protect your address is with a court order finding that you were abused. YOU do not have that. You may have custody by default HOWEVER dad stands equal with you in the initial custody determination as he is dad. If you flee the state, you may find yourself with issues if dad does not know. A partition suit would not be worthwhile if the house is in foreclosure. Was dad's name added as part of the divorce case?
I never said i was "fleeing", I am going on vacation with my son, since we spent the last year in extreme financial despair to say the least!.

Proserpina

Time out please.

We're not the enemy. We have no dog in the fight, and we don't know you from Adam. Now I know, it's Friday night, we've all had to deal with our individual problems and issues so let's remember the underlined bit.

Don't respond unless you can do so without it becoming another 15 page long thread. I gave up using rolly-eyes years ago, and I'd hate to break my eye rolly sobriety over this. Go to bed, or go do something else, and take another look in the morning. The last thing you need is to go to court and realize the judge is <this> far from deciding that you're a Friday Night Psycho.

Deal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">