• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Low Income Divorce Question. Urgent Help Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Richbee0823

There are ways around that, such as in partition cases. It of course would need assistance from the judge.
Would you please elaborate a little bit more on what you mean? I'm not the most savvy person when it comes this kind of terminology.

Thank you

Richbee0823

I know, and I knew when I posted that I should have said there were exceptions. With that said, a partition action would be separate from the divorce. It is a time-consuming and costly process that will need the assistance of an attorney to do correctly. I doubt it's a realistic option for this OP.

ETA: I appreciate that you brought it up, though.
There is no way to do this process without an attorney?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you. Is that with or without going through a judge? This is law in CA?
So if he never comes out of hiding I can never sell the property?
Would you please elaborate a little bit more on what you mean? I'm not the most savvy person when it comes this kind of terminology.

Thank you
There is no way to do this process without an attorney?

These 4 statements show why you won't be able to do this without an attorney. Not a knock on you, just an observation.

Richbee0823

If you don't know how to rent out a house then you have no business being a landlord.
I know how to rent out a house. I'm asking is there a process to go through to rent out the house without my husbands signature? Or am I free to do so without his signature?

Richbee0823

These 4 statements show why you won't be able to do this without an attorney. Not a knock on you, just an observation.
I understand. I just find it very hard to believe that nobody in The history of time has gone through this same situation and prevailed without an attorney.

LdiJ

I know how to rent out a house. I'm asking is there a process to go through to rent out the house without my husbands signature? Or am I free to do so without his signature?
You don't need his signature to rent out the house.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I understand. I just find it very hard to believe that nobody in The history of time has gone through this same situation and prevailed without an attorney.
I'm sure there has been. It doesn't change my earlier post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">