• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maintaining Jurisdiction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? In

I hope this is a quick question. In my court order it states that jurisdiction will change to my County. My case was heard on July 17 I won and I live in a different county than the case so with that and my win the counties are to change, but here is the question I just found out that I got a house and I am moving back to the same caounty that the case is out of, I calle dthe court to see what I have to do to keep the case in that county and their reply was to file a form with the court to Maintain Jurisdiction and since the case has not been transfered yet I need to do so ASAP, I can't find the forms to file for that can anyone possibly tell me what to put in the forms I can type them out if I know the basics or could anyone possibly tell where online to even find the forms. Thanks as always again to any and everybody.

H

hexeliebe

Call them back and ask them to send the forms to you or drive there and fill them out. The court clerk will have the forms.

Gosh, I just called them and asked them if they had the forms I need and they very rudely informed me that they do not have those forms that since I was acting as my own attorney that I needed to find them myself. and then The woman hung up on me. Poor Lawyers man I so understand how they feel, and the work they have to do. I wish everyone could walk in the shoes of a lawyer just for 1 hour alone. More power to all those out there. and you most definatly have more respectr from me that is for sure.

real nice, lol I have been lucky and had a Judge that knew I wasn't perfect and she helped me and my ex get thru the court hearing and she was not judgemental at all, she seemed to understand that neither of us were attornies, but her court staff must be in their own little fantasy world, Why couldn't they take after their boss.

H

hexeliebe

People are rude....that's life.

Call your county clerk's office or an attorney in your area and ask them if they would know how to get this filed.

Or maybe someone else has another suggestion....don't give up just yet.

oh i will never give up that is for damn sure. I am online now trying to find even and inclination of a form close to that maybe IAAL or Boxcar or someone like that could help me also. Until then my search continues. LOL I have to have this paper in by either tomorrow would be best but I will be travelling the 90 miles to that county on Monday. So I am kind of hoping I can wait until Monday if possible. But if not I will make the distance tomorrow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">