• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MAJOR SECURITY FLAW IN APPLE'S IOS DEVICES - I NEED A LAWYER OR 10...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEED TO RETAIN LEGAL COUNSEL FOR THE FOLLOWING CLAIM AGAINST APPLE, INC

DATA/PRIVACY BREACH IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO FORBES ARTICLE WRITTEN BY THOMAS BREWSTER:

"Apple Is Struggling To Stop A 'Skeleton Key' Hack On Home Wi-Fi" written by Thomas Brewster
https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2018/04/26/skeleton-key-exploits-apple-mfi-trust/#1da07b86503c

URGENT: THERE IS A MAJOR SECURITY FLAW IN APPLE'S IOS DEVICES

SERIOUS CYBER ATTACK USING EXPLOIT IN APPLE PRODUCTS

My Story:

People are saying it’s a miracle, I survived one of the most viscous cyber attacks our technology has ever seen…

A major security flaw in Apple’s iOS devices MFi chip is allowing my child’s father access to my WiFi network name and password. With the information he collects he is trying to steal my business and get sole custody of our child.

I knew my Apple devices were hacked, but I couldn’t stop it from happening…

On September 20th, 2018, I walked into an AT&T store and asked a representative, “theoretically, if I thought my devices were hacked then changing the network would resolve my problem?” He replied “Yes”. So I went to Verizon, where I would transfer phone services with hopes of resolving my problem. During the same visit, I changed phone devices I would use from Apple to Samsung. A Samsung representative was at the store during the visit, and he gave me a bunch of free stuff. Tee-shirts, sunglasses, things of that nature. It was then that I would become a Samsung customer for the rest of my life. I left my Apple devices in the “Off” position, until a later date when I would back everything up to the iCloud and wipe each device individually.

The phones and tablets were backed up, erased, and reset to factory settings from a remote location using my mobile hot spot; the computers were erased and its operating system was re-installed in the comfort of my new home while over the phone with a Senior Care Representative of Apple’s customer support team. There were a total of 5 Apple devices: (2) iPhones, (1) iPad, (1) MacBook Air, and (1) iMac.

Things ran smoothly for a while, I was able to control the data exposure until I turned on the previously cloned iMac, exposing the device to my new internet environment. Around the same time, I purchased a blue tooth light bulb made by LIFX from Best Buy. I vividly remember struggling to connect the blue tooth light bulb to my new Samsung phone, for unknown reasons my device was unable to connect. I tried several times on various different dates but could not sync the device with the appropriate application on my phone. It was as though something was interfering with the connection, but I would leave the light bulb in the lamp fixture and forget all about it. The date was around October 15th, 2018.

On November 2nd, 2018, I picked up my daughter from her father's house at approximately 7:00pm. At 7:24pm, I was driving when I started receiving notifications to update login credentials on my phone, the person responsible for cloning my devices was aggressively changing administrative passwords for both personal and business email accounts. Immediately, my reaction was to pull over to the side of the road, rip the SIM card out of all my devices, park them in “airplane mode” and remove the battery for additional security. I then checked myself into a hotel room for the next 3 days and tried to maintain admin control of my accounts. It wasn’t long before I realized one of the methods being used to access my data was utilizing IOT devices. I called home and asked my uncle to unplug my iMac, unscrew the light bulb and remove every electronic device I owned from the household, he did what I asked without question. At one point, the hacker’s device name revealed during a direct phone pairing session, he wrote “I don’t have any family close by…” meaning I don’t have any family nearby that can help me, confirming what I already knew, it was my child’s father who was cloning my devices. Eventually, I would place all of my accounts in recovery mode and return to my aunt’s house in Tampa.

While recovering access to the hacked data, a photo of Verizon's representative "Jessica" was revealed. This photo was tagged at a location in West Melbourne, Florida. I was not present when the photo was taken, and the photo implies somebody may have had unauthorized access to my account information. Another source mentioned this person may have also used my ID during an in-store visit at AT&T. When recovering access to email data, I received a suspicious email from USPS.com regarding a recent transaction using the online portal, which was not myself. In addition to receiving a customer satisfaction survey regarding a recent hospital visit at Baptist Health South Florida on December 5th, 2018; I did not visit the facility on this date. Looking back on January 19th, 2018, I disputed 2 trade lines which appeared on my company's Experian business credit report. Experian confirmed both trade lines did not match the correct company addresses, and both accounts were removed from the report.

Unauthorized purchases were made using payments information and other data saved to the cloned devices. In-app purchases were made using applications such as Amazon, Uber, and PayPal, just to name a few. Personal banking information was exposed in relationship to multiple in-branch cash withdrawals that were not made by me. A total of transactions exceeding $139,000.00 over the past 3 years. Other losses of the data breach include but are not limited to business loss and customer data.

Where do I go from here?

(Name and company name removed)

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your post has been reported to have the personal information edited out. By posting that information, you'd be lucky if the only thing that happened was that your various and sundry addresses were spammed,

Furthermore, this is not a referral site and reputable attorneys do not troll message boards looking for clients. You cannot and will not find representation by posting here.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
You cannot successfully sue for what might happen. So if you have not actually been adversely affected by the claimed flaw then you have nothing for which to sue. Also, understand that a flaw does not by itself mean the company is liable. Computer products (including smart phones, which are basically small computers) are complex machines and it is well known they are not perfect, and you buy them with that in mind. What matters is how well the company responds to patch the problem once it becomes aware of it.

xylene

Does you spouse have extremely high level computer skills?

Do you have such a large amount of net worth to not notice 6 figures of withdrawals?

Honestly, you sound very much like you are having an episode of delusion, specifically delusion of persecution.

This could be reactive stress to a highly stressful divorce, or it could be organic mental illness, or mental illness triggered or exacerbated

quincy

Although not meant to worry Neil ... the existence of wireless mini cameras can turn even a manual can opener into a spy.

Trust nothing and no one. :)

justalayman

I will never own an electronic device smarter than I am or one that can spy on me.
It does limit my shopping choices though;)
Electronic devices are not smart...yet.

And a lot of cars have the ability to spy on you now. Ever see the “OnStar” commercials?

What do you use to post on this forum with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">