• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Manafort and Gates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The indictment was unsealed today: https://www.justice.gov/file/1007271/download

12 counts including conspiracy against the United States. Manafort is the one who was in the meeting with the Russian lawyer, Kushner and Junior to get info on Hillary. Apparently he is not a patriot.

Just Blue

The indictment was unsealed today: https://www.justice.gov/file/1007271/download

12 counts including conspiracy against the United States. Manafort is the one who was in the meeting with the Russian lawyer, Kushner and Junior to get info on Hillary. Apparently he is not a patriot.
OMG!! Not a patriot???????!!! Who woudda guessed?? I think the Admin will toss him under the bus....wonder how long till Manafort gets sick of the tire tracks dirtying his 5 thousand dollar suits??

GoBoilers_MSU

It looks like an attempt by the Mueller to get Manafort to roll over on POTUS because they didn't have a smoking gun after months of investigating. Pretty good card to play, as it looks like they may be able to take nearly all of his assets. If he doesn't roll over, then what? I don't see this indictment convincing the country of anything.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It looks like an attempt by the Mueller to get Manafort to roll over on POTUS because they didn't have a smoking gun after months of investigating. Pretty good card to play, as it looks like they may be able to take nearly all of his assets. If he doesn't roll over, then what? I don't see this indictment convincing the country of anything.
Then you don't comprehend the law and federal indictments. 94% of them result in conviction. And the country doesn't convinced. Only 38% of the country approves of Cheeto Hitler. Lowest of any president. If you think Trump is a great leader, you need a reality check.

PayrollHRGuy

Then you don't comprehend the law and federal indictments. 94% of them result in conviction. And the country doesn't convinced. Only 38% of the country approves of Cheeto Hitler. Lowest of any president. If you think Trump is a great leader, you need a reality check.
There is a huge difference between your run of the mill indictment and those that come down from independent counsels. I wonder if that 94% number would hold up with ICs?

GoBoilers_MSU

I did not mean to imply that Manafort won't be convicted of anything. He absolutely will be. I think this indictment is being used for leverage to get information on Trump. Manafort, faced with losing everything, may offer full disclosure (which he's clearly avoided) for lesser charges. I'm guessing Mueller has some room to negotiate if he thinks he can get information that helps his investigation.

Finally, approval ratings are meaningless and offer no glimpse of the country's attitude. Just look at Congress's ratings and their rate of retention.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Just look at Congress's ratings and their rate of retention.
Congress is a special case. If you dig into the numbers, you see that the public holds the Congress as a whole in low esteem, but that voters tend to like their particular representatives to Congress. That’s why incumbents tend to get re-elected even though the institution as a whole has poor public image.

LdiJ

Congress is a special case. If you dig into the numbers, you see that the public holds the Congress as a whole in low esteem, but that voters tend to like their particular representatives to Congress. That’s why incumbents tend to get re-elected even though the institution as a whole has poor public image.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think it explains things perfectly.

ecmst12

Also, *****mandering makes it very difficult to get rid of incumbents because of how they've carved up the districts, even if the outcome would be very different in a fairly divided district.

That is a bizarre word to censor.

quincy

Also, *****mandering makes it very difficult to get rid of incumbents because of how they've carved up the districts, even if the outcome would be very different in a fairly divided district.

That is a bizarre word to censor.
The first name of FreeAdvice's founder has been censored on this site, thanks to IAAL's use and abuse of it.

I agree that the censoring might have been carried to an extreme. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">