• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mandatory Disclosure ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I posted a question about this in my previous thread but I think it got lost in all the other stuff there.

I filed my paperwork on Thursday for allocation of parental responsibilites and was given a stack of paperwork. Most of it I get and have figured out how to fill out but I am having a hard time understanding this mandatory disclosure thing. I am having a hard time figuring out what I have to file with the courts and what I don't.

How does the mandatory disclosure thing work? Am I understanding it correctly that I have to give him copies of my tax returns for the last three years and other various things showing my income and assets? Or do those go to the courts? Do I have to have them sent to him before my initial status conference or can I give them to him at the conference? Can I send them through the mail or do I have to pay again to have him served with the information?

I am waiting for my pro bono attorney to be assigned to me, but until then I am having to figure this out on my own and it's making my brain hurt :eek: . My hat is off to all lawyers who can figure out all this legal wording.

Any help you guys can give me on this will be greatly appreciated until I have my own attorney and don't have to bug you guys with my questions anymore. :D Thanks for all the help guys.

Read the local rules.
Hi OG,
I have read the local rules, at least I have tried. :confused: I am having a hard time figuring it out, that was why I asked if anyone had any idea about it or how it worked. It is confusing because it seems like some stuff I have to give the courts and some stuff I just have to give him and some stuff I have to give to both. At least that is how it reads to me but it is hard for me to figure out so...

I will go over it all again but like I said I am having a bit of a hard time discerning what goes to who so just trying to get a little clarification if I can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">