• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana 2 months later - no rights read?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stregg

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I was arrested last night and spent the night in jail with my room mate for a marijuana possession charge that was just now brought up 2 months after when it happened.

I was never read my rights...just wondering what this might mean in the trial? (probably nothing; just wondering)

Judgment!

stregg said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

I was arrested last night and spent the night in jail with my room mate for a marijuana possession charge that was just now brought up 2 months after when it happened.

I was never read my rights...just wondering what this might mean in the trial? (probably nothing; just wondering)

Were you questioned about the circumstances of the possession, or your guilt or innocence, prior to, or during, your incarceration?

IAAL

stregg

only the judge asked me. then he asked whether or not i'd plead guilty (i did. i was caught red handed)

apparently my liscense will probably be suspended for six months...i have had an MIP (i completed the probation and it came off my record), and they decided to hit me up with another one because there was alcohol in our apartment (i'm 18).

is there any way i could get this liscense suspension shortened or overturned? i don't know how i'm supposed to pay court fines and whatnot if i can't get to work!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">