• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana and the 2nd Amendment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Indurate

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I have a medical marijuana card, and found out recently this nixed my rights to buy guns, and this left me with a few questions...

Does this restriction mean guns I already own must be sold or given away?
Is my wife affected by this at all (she doesn't have a medical marijuana card)?
If I shoot a home invader with a gun my wife owns, am I going to face charges?
If I give up my medical marijuana card, will I regain my rights, or are they simply gone forever?

Thanks for any help with this.

adjusterjack

I have a medical marijuana card, and found out recently this nixed my rights to buy guns, and this left me with a few questions...

Does this restriction mean guns I already own must be sold or given away?
Yes.

Under federal law it is illegal for you to possess a firearm. Read the following search results on the topic:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=arizona+guns+and+medical+marijuana&t=h_&ia=web

Is my wife affected by this at all (she doesn't have a medical marijuana card)?
If I shoot a home invader with a gun my wife owns, am I going to face charges?
Doesn't matter who owns the gun, if it's in the house, you are in possession. If you use it in self defense you are OK there but you can still be federally prosecuted for the possession, even if AZ might decline to prosecute.

If I give up my medical marijuana card, will I regain my rights, or are they simply gone forever?
Give up the card and never use marijuana and you are probably good to go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">