• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marijuana possesion in texas?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hashish

I was in Texas driving from Alabama to see some friends and buy a car. I was pulled over for speeding and ended up getting arrested for possession of marajuana (dime). They also took all of my money ($1500.) and took it in as evidence. They told me they thought I was there to purchase large quantities of Marijuana. I wasnt but they didnt believe me. I got bailed out of jail, and they would not give me my money. They are holding until my court date. What I want to know is, do they have a right to keep my money? Do they have a right to say I was there to buy drugs just because I had alot of money and a small bag of weed? What can they do? Any informations at all...

A

ArizonaAl

I'm not from Texas but I know one thing -- if I were afraid of being charged with a crime I would hire a criminal defense lawyer as early as possible. That's when the lawyer can do you the most good, whether it is to supress the evidence because of an improper search, to work out a deal with the police and prosecutors, or just get the cash back for you. Have you used AttorneyPages.com?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">