• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marine discharge:Pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
My husband signed papers to be discharged from USMC because of a 1o% disability. (he acquired asthma during b.camp) He has been active duty since Oct. His case has been reviewed by a med board. He was declared "unfit". Their recommendation:"to be removed from active duty with severence pay." Now we are in a period of waiting for the papers to process (we have been told 4-8 weeks until he is separated.) Our question is about finances. Should we be saving money so we can afford a move? Is there any compensation for a move if he is discharged? Will we recieve enough money to move, and if so, will it be in time for us to make the move-or will it come later? Is it a lump sum or will it be divided up monthly? About how much can we expect to receive and when- so we can make plans for a downpayment on a new place????? So many questions......:)

You don't say where you are stationed, but the following website will give you information where to contact a transition assistance counselor. It is www.dodtransportal.org. They can advise you of your financial, travel and transportation benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential