• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marrying someone who owes back child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brisgirl825

HomeGuru said:
It is no laughing matter when the klids get nothing from this freakin deadbeat. Do the math.
I didn't mean that the kids' situation was a laughing matter. I simply meant that the way in which Singlemom described OP as being the "sugar momma" was humorous.

Sadly this is happens too often. Just the other day a CP was here talking about the ex being $100k in arrears.

Sometimes humor is good respite, when hearing about all the kids who seem to not have anyone looking out for them. These baords can get to be too much at times.

HomeGuru

brisgirl825 said:
I didn't mean that the kids' situation was a laughing matter. I simply meant that the way in which Singlemom described OP as being the "sugar momma" was humorous.

Sadly this is happens too often. Just the other day a CP was here talking about the ex being $100k in arrears.

Sometimes humor is good respite, when hearing about all the kids who seem to not have anyone looking out for them. These baords can get to be too much at times.

**A: yes I know what you meant. Happy Holidays.

AHA

ladybug94513 said:
they can take my income into consideration and raise his amount? or take it into consideration and attempt to garnish my wages? Will a pre-nup guarantee that they cant touch my wages?
But since hubby dearest have to start paying up sooner or later, it will affect the total household financial situation, in which everyone in the family is included and have to suffer the consequences.

Don't marry a deadbeat until he's got this act together, because by marrying and living with him, you will financially feel the strain regardless.

edit:

And since he can't afford to support the existing children he has, I would strongly suggest you to avoid adding more kids "under his belt".

Just Blue

HomeGuru said:
**A: get out of your fairy tale lady. "He is a great guy and has a huge heart" Now what elements and criteria did you use to draw such a false conclusion?
If he owes $67K in child support; how the f can he be a great guy and have a huge heart? Why not ask his kids. Boy are you in the freakin state of denial. What is the next chapter in your fiction novel? Does the first chapter start out with "Once upon a time**************..?

"Once upon a time, in a far off land named Denial, there lived a Princess named LadyBug.
Princess LadyBug loved a man named Prince Charmin...... :cool:

Okay ...Who's gonna do the next line?

HomeGuru

baystategirl said:
"Once upon a time, in a far off land named Denial, there lived a Princess named LadyBug.
Princess LadyBug loved a man named Prince Charmin......

and the Prince was CEO of a toilet paper factory**************

Just Blue

HomeGuru said:
baystategirl said:
Princess LadyBug loved a man named Prince Charmin......

and the Prince was CEO of a toilet paper factory**************

Good! Good! Okay now the next line.....anyone??

poeypooh

The police came to visit Prince Charmin one day, so he decided he had no choice but to run away. Support my kids? No Way! I'll find me a sugar momma and she can pay my way.

Just Blue

poeypooh said:
The police came to visit Prince Charmin one day, so he decided he had no choice but to run away. Support my kids? No Way! I'll find me a sugar momma and she can pay my way.

Now we are rollin! ....Next Line**************.....

ladybug94513 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

I know some of you may question my decision to marry him-but aside from his child support debt, he is a great guy and has a huge heart. He feels defeated. How can he possibly pay all that money back @ 10% interest per month?

Any suggestions re: a pre-nup or ways to not get my income involved?
I would advise you to run as fast as you can and get away from this man. My ex is one of these deadbeats who lives in CA and owes tens of thousands in back support. After we divorced, he disappeared and stopped paying his child support. I recently learned that he now has another (younger) child that he also does not see or support..and he now owes his ex girlfriend a large amount of arrears. If you plan on having kids with this guy and ever split up, be prepared to support your kids on your own because your boyfriend has already shown that he is not a responsible parent.

jm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">