• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maryland LLC Business Address question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlyingRon

The address on file with the state is the RA address, then.

You're free to advertise whatever address you want as your business address on your web page or other advertising be it a PO Box or a PMB like the UPS store or whatever other mail drop you want to use. With a PMB or PO Box, if you are going to use it to conduct business with the public, you will have to put your actual addrdess on file with USPS or the PMB operatoir. The law requires it.

quincy

I do plan to call the contact numbers you provided as soon as I have a chance. I appreciate the help. I suspected as much about the UPS store but I wanted to try and verify this. I also understand that many home businesses use the home address and I will probably end up doing that. Because this business will be on the internet, I just want to explore any possible alternatives for keeping the address private. Thanks again for your help.
If you have an internet business, you will be registering a domain name, too.

It is very hard to be a business and maintain privacy. In fact, it is very hard to be a person and maintain privacy.

Good luck with your business. We appreciate the thanks.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Domain name privacy is pretty straight forward. For most domains (other than those in the .us top level), many of the registrars will give you a proxy where they are listed as the owner as your agent (sort of like a registered agent for domains).

Like I said, I get more junk and invasion of privacy because I have a business phone line (oddly, that's primarily because the38#*$# internet monopoly here won't give me a static IP as a residential line). It's why my address shows up in Yelp along with several other "businesses" in the neighborhood.

My favorite is my neighbor who repairs giant diesel engines on ocean going freighters. That's the sort of thing you do house calls on so he dispatches out of his home office. Still he shows up in Yelp because of his business phone line. I left him a review saying how when my 13000 HP engine in my ski boat conked out, he was right htere.

quincy

Domain name privacy is pretty straight forward. For most domains (other than those in the .us top level), many of the registrars will give you a proxy where they are listed as the owner as your agent (sort of like a registered agent for domains).

Like I said, I get more junk and invasion of privacy because I have a business phone line (oddly, that's primarily because the38#*$# internet monopoly here won't give me a static IP as a residential line). It's why my address shows up in Yelp along with several other "businesses" in the neighborhood.

My favorite is my neighbor who repairs giant diesel engines on ocean going freighters. That's the sort of thing you do house calls on so he dispatches out of his home office. Still he shows up in Yelp because of his business phone line. I left him a review saying how when my 13000 HP engine in my ski boat conked out, he was right htere.
Preserving privacy is a major concern for many but, quite frankly, there is no real privacy. There is no way to hide yourself from someone who is intent on finding out who you are and where you live.

What is reassuring, though, is that most people have neither the energy nor the desire to do that. :)

PTKen

Actually, you can get most of your questions on setting up your LLC answered by using the contact numbers in the link I provided earlier.
I've looked at the links you provided and I am not sure which contact numbers you are referring to. Do you mean I should call the General Assembly of Maryland general number? http://dls.state.md.us/Content.aspx?tab=subject3&page=3 410-946-5400

quincy

I've looked at the links you provided and I am not sure which contact numbers you are referring to. Do you mean I should call the General Assembly of Maryland general number? http://dls.state.md.us/Content.aspx?tab=subject3&page=3 410-946-5400
I would contact Maryland's Department of Commerce first, at 410-767-6300, and ask to be directed.

You also might find helpful the information provided by Maryland's Department of Commerce on their website: http://commerce.maryland.gov/start/the-process

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">