• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

massive increase in support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmaryanne

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California

Am I doing this right? I need a question answered about child support. I'm new to this computer stuff. Here it is ; My original child support order was calculated to be 287.00 per mo. A modification was made 2 years later, and in the financial worksheet I reversed my net & gross income. This caused my support to rise to 1,753.00 per mo. If the error is proven, will I be able to get any of that money back?

Mary Anne :confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

msmaryanne said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California

Am I doing this right? I need a question answered about child support. I'm new to this computer stuff. Here it is ; My original child support order was calculated to be 287.00 per mo. A modification was made 2 years later, and in the financial worksheet I reversed my net & gross income. This caused my support to rise to 1,753.00 per mo. If the error is proven, will I be able to get any of that money back?

Mary Anne :confused:

My response:

Nope. The error was yours, and thus does not place any burden on someone else for your mistake. Obviously, your income has increased since the original order - - and I'm sure you realize that there wouldn't be much of a difference between the net and the gross for calculation purposes. Besides, the child is entitled to live the lifestyle of the wealthier parent.

IAAL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I was thinking that there couldn't possibly be such an enormous difference between Net & Gross to make the increase that dramatic. If it's going from ~300 to over 1000 - someone's making a buttload more money than they were.

msmaryanne

Response to I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

I agree, I'm just trying to help out a friend. His income was erroneously reported as 12,000 per month ,instead of 1,200. Tough luck was the DA's attitude. He's mortgaged all his property to pay this exhorbitant payment. His support went from 284.00 per month to 1,758.00 What can he do?

Thanks

I don't see why he doesn't request a modification and provide the documentation to prove that the error was not on his part. Why would he have mortgaged any property if the error was so obvious? Doing so will make it more difficult to justify, but not impossible.

Most importantly, your friend needs an attorney.

Is it possible that this person tried to write off things that he wasn't able to deduct for child support??
My Ex tried to write off his car, his hobby crap, his electric bill, rent and a bunch of other things........The judge told him "nice wish" and raised his support retroactively. He had initially lied about his income and we had to subpoena his bank records to prove his income (he owns his own business) But, maybe that is what happened here, and he can’t fight the increase…………?

panzertanker

msmaryanne said:
I agree, I'm just trying to help out a friend. His income was erroneously reported as 12,000 per month ,instead of 1,200. Tough luck was the DA's attitude. He's mortgaged all his property to pay this exhorbitant payment. His support went from 284.00 per month to 1,758.00 What can he do?

Thanks
Originally you state YOU reversed Gross and Net.
Then you state you are helping out a "friend".
NOW you state 12000 instead of 1200.
Gross and Net can't be 12000/1200.
Tell the whole story AND the truth.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Panzertanker - - it doesn't matter any longer. The question was answered, and your request for "truth" or clarification won't change that answer.

IAAL

panzertanker

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Panzertanker - - it doesn't matter any longer. The question was answered, and your request for "truth" or clarification won't change that answer.

IAAL
True, I just wanted to point out OP trips over his (or her, if you believe she is asking for a friend) lies.

That plus the fact they must live in a trailer, since 1200 = 12000 in gross vs net!

marcze@adelphia

panzertanker,
Why is it that you MUST ALWAYS have the last word...and absolutely idiotic words to boot. You must be the most lonely, pathic person on the face of the earth!!! As I asked in other posts, DO YOU HAVE A LIFE? All you do in your spare time is try to prove what a wonderful, highly intelligent, all-knowing person you are and instead, you come out sounding like a jerk. There are people here who really would like to get some intelligent information from someone who is actually affiliated with the legal system, not desperate, self-proclaimed "gods" who must put everyone else down just to make themselves feel bigger. How sad!
And why is it that everything you don't comprehend must be a "lie?" You are truly the most pathic example of a human being I've ever had the displeasure of "knowing."

msmaryanne,
I'm sorry to "ride in on your coat tails" but I couldn't hold out any longer. PZ is so obnoxious that I just had to say something. I'm sorry you had to endure "Mr. Know-It-All's" sarcastic comments...ingore and maybe he'll just go away. And, I'm sorry for your problems. I hope that you can get everything straightened out. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rushia

marcze@adelphia said:
panzertanker,
Why is it that you MUST ALWAYS have the last word...and absolutely idiotic words to boot. You must be the most lonely, pathic person on the face of the earth!!! As I asked in other posts, DO YOU HAVE A LIFE? All you do in your spare time is try to prove what a wonderful, highly intelligent, all-knowing person you are and instead, you come out sounding like a jerk. There are people here who really would like to get some intelligent information from someone who is actually affiliated with the legal system, not desperate, self-proclaimed "gods" who must put everyone else down just to make themselves feel bigger. How sad!
And why is it that everything you don't comprehend must be a "lie?" You are truly the most pathic example of a human being I've ever had the displeasure of "knowing."

msmaryanne,
I'm sorry to "ride in on your coat tails" but I couldn't hold out any longer. PZ is so obnoxious that I just had to say something. I'm sorry you had to endure "Mr. Know-It-All's" sarcastic comments...ingore and maybe he'll just go away. And, I'm sorry for your problems. I hope that you can get everything straightened out. Good Luck!

And you just have to stalk him now? If you have an issue with him, take it up elsewhere and do NOT hijack a thread to attack him.

OP, lying or not, your only hope is to try for a modification with the correct info at hand. Since IAAL told you it probably won't make a difference, it probably won't.

Last edited by a moderator:

brisgirl825

Rushia said:
And you just have to stalk him now? If you have an issue with him, take it up elsewhere and do NOT hijack a thread to attack him.

OP, lying or not, your only hope is to try for a modification with the correct info at hand. Since IAAL told you it probably won't make a difference, it probably won't.
Idiot guy here, hijacked an old thread. Do you know the Beck song..."Loser"? ;)

Rushia

brisgirl825 said:
Idiot guy here, hijacked an old thread. Do you know the Beck song..."Loser"? ;)
ROTFLMAO!!! I didn't even look at the date and now I feel like a loser too!! However, I still think that it's ridiculous that she didn't get the advice she wanted and now is stalking Hot Toddy. You're right though, makes it even worse that she would pull up an old one to do this.

brisgirl825

Rushia said:
ROTFLMAO!!! I didn't even look at the date and now I feel like a loser too!! However, I still think that it's ridiculous that she didn't get the advice she wanted and now is stalking Hot Toddy. You're right though, makes it even worse that she would pull up an old one to do this.
I'm guilty of responding to old threads that someone else has kicked up to the top. No shame in that!
I think you're right about someone being a stalker. I wish I had that much idle time...maybe I could go to the spa. *sigh*

Rushia

brisgirl825 said:
I'm guilty of responding to old threads that someone else has kicked up to the top. No shame in that!
I think you're right about someone being a stalker. I wish I had that much idle time...maybe I could go to the spa. *sigh*
Can I go with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">